Home

CFM Player Styles

This is a discussion on CFM Player Styles within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2013, 12:09 AM   #1
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

OVR: 1
CFM Player Styles

What determines the "player style" of incoming rookies?

I drafted Lache Seastrunk in my first draft, hoping he'd be able to replace Trent Richardson in a new offense. He comes in and his ratings are off the charts in everything you'd want:
96 SPD 98 AGI 90 ACC 66 STR 92 ELU 87 BCV 80 CAR 77 TRK 87 SPM 91 JKM. His receiving stats are his only weekness: 67 CTH 60 CIT 60 RTE 62 SPC.

Style? Receiving Back. He has a tendency to fumble when I run normal plays with him, and he has trouble taking big shots. Are these related--we probably won't know. It just annoys me that a brilliant Speed or maybe even Balanced back will be known as a receiving back and in possibly the wrong system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2013, 12:11 AM   #2
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

Re: CFM Player Styles

Maybe it's nitpicking.
He's killer in the Pats' system, though...
Old 09-25-2013, 12:59 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've noticed a few things:

Carrying and Cover Ball Traits may help decrease fumbles. You probably want to bump that carrying stat up to at LEAST 90. And get ALL of the Cover Ball Traits.

Additionally, one of the biggest causes of fumbles is your RB getting fatigued, and that happens very, very easily on the default sliders. Using your RB 2 or 3 plays in a row is usually enough to get him fatigued. Once they're fatigued, their chances of fumbling skyrocket.

Last thing is to avoid taking big hits, especially from LB's and Safeties. This is especially important when running up the middle. I've found the most important thing when running up the middle is to maneuver in a way that avoids your RB taking a direct shot from the linebacker waiting at the next level. And if you do manage to break through the LB level, YOU ARE NOT FREE AND CLEAR YET. WATCH OUT FOR THE SAFETY FLYING IN TO TAKE YOUR HEAD OFF.

I've almost entirely eliminated my starting RB from fumbling by fixing all of the above things. 90+ carrying, all Cover Ball traits, avoid taking straight shots from LB's and Safeties.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:24 PM   #4
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

fumbles and injuries happen more with fatigue, a LOT more. you have to be so careful on the end of a long run, or if you return a kick, it can be a constant injury waiting to happen, or a fumble if you do enough moves.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:41 AM   #5
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

Oh, as for fatigue, I'm a huge formation subs guy instead of auto subs... I know a 5'9 210 back won't get tough yardage, so I use guys like fellow rookie back Glasco Martin and Bobby Rainey, while utilizing Theo Riddick's receiving stats on short passing downs...

I usually end up with Seastrunk having 15-20 touches. Martin 5-10, Riddick around 5 and Rainey 0-5.

It's a lot of fun trying to exploit different match ups like real coaches and it helps with fatigue. My offensive players--even my OL (have 4 Guards that fit the scheme well)--rarely make it to orange or red. Defense is much tougher to do this with, though...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »