Home

offline CCM practices

This is a discussion on offline CCM practices within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2013, 09:10 PM   #1
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2
offline CCM practices

What Madden has to offer as far as "practices" go is just pitiful. I want to be able to choose certain plays I have trouble running and actually be able to practice them. I also think it would be so cool if you could some how create a game plan for the week based on what the CPU team tends to do. EA should create an option for us players to be able to turn Gameplanning on or off. If you choose to turn it on then there will be a practice option each week and it should allow the player to enter practice mode 3 times a week. You should be able to obtain the tendencies of the opposing CPU team and some how plan for what they might do against you. Not only that but if your QB for example is on a cold streak, then use practice to maybe boost him or bit or you might even ruin his confidence a bit more. Practice should be practice and not stupid mini games to gain player XP.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2013, 02:13 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: offline CCM practices

This would be neat. Wish we could get something like this.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:46 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres32
Practice should be practice and not stupid mini games to gain player XP.
The practices are practices though. They are situations that can arise in a game. Which is why I don't like the way they go about practices and gaining XP.

Every player on the roster has a chance to gain 40,000 XP, even if they don't touch the playing field. That's great if you like fast progression on players who cannot resign because the price would be too expensive for depth.

My idea for practices goes back a few versions to where you can just select individual players that you wanted to develop and then play the corresponding drill to improve whatever category. I believe you were allowed to pick either three players to practice during the week only can't remember but it doesn't matter. I'd ideally like to see the options to practice and improve up to 5 players a week. This kind of keeps the XP explosion bench players gain down and really allows you to focus more on the players that you want to be the cornerstone of your franchise, instead of developing them all as being the potential cornerstone and only being able to keep one or two, while letting some really good players that you spent time developing go into Free Agency.

I'd probably not have a gripe about this if upgrading players didn't take over an hour to do...
Old 09-23-2013, 05:56 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres32
What Madden has to offer as far as "practices" go is just pitiful. I want to be able to choose certain plays I have trouble running and actually be able to practice them. I also think it would be so cool if you could some how create a game plan for the week based on what the CPU team tends to do. EA should create an option for us players to be able to turn Gameplanning on or off. If you choose to turn it on then there will be a practice option each week and it should allow the player to enter practice mode 3 times a week. You should be able to obtain the tendencies of the opposing CPU team and some how plan for what they might do against you. Not only that but if your QB for example is on a cold streak, then use practice to maybe boost him or bit or you might even ruin his confidence a bit more. Practice should be practice and not stupid mini games to gain player XP.
Yeah I'm really missing this feature, one of the reasons I'm still on madden 12. I like to look for new plays add them to the custom playbook and practice them, cant do that with my offline franchise team this year. To me this is way more important then building a new stadium or setting hot dog prices. Wish EA would listen to us offline franchise guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »