Home

Why Will Next Gen Be Different?

This is a discussion on Why Will Next Gen Be Different? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2013, 11:42 AM   #25
Banned

dallas fan's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Why Will Next Gen Be Different?

Other than the new touted foot plant technology that is shared across all EA games with Ignite, I fully expect Nxt Gen Madden to be a carbon copy as far as menus and modes/sliders/franchise etc. The silly xp points system will remain and nothing will be changed from current gen outside of gameplay. I do expect the visuals to be cleaner with better sidelines and stadium detail. That being said, I saw nothing in the demo of Peterson running the ball in the empty stadium that made me think that the core game engine is different, besides foot planting being cleaned up, the tackles and running animations looked exactly like current M25. If anything I believe EA Tiburon will add several new animations and new O-line/D-line interaction animations but the game will more than likely still carry over several of the same troubles and broken aspects that we all know and hate. I would love to see more realistic goal line action, that is something Madden has never gotten right. No piles to dive over, every player just stands there as the RB tries to weave through a hole for a TD. Ridiculous!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2013, 11:47 AM   #26
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
When a game is programmed with one console in mind, moving that game over to another console is going to be a major problem unless the developer has had two individual teams working on it. That usually doesnt happen due to cost infrastructure. EA supposedly did that with Madden, but the only time that EA has tried transitioning Madden it was a complete and utter failure. Not that much of a stretch to fear a repeat.
So, if they had separate teams for this transition, and we know that Kolbe is on the next gen team, and they only had one team for the last old gen to new gen, wouldn't one assume it would be a better transition and maybe they learned a lesson?

There's no reason to not have hope, either.

Also agree with rolltide, put one item on, take one item off, etc..... but there were others that were just as puzzling that I was happy to see taken off. Ring bearer, build a fan, lazer light training, weapons, etc...
Old 09-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #27
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
So, if they had separate teams for this transition, and we know that Kolbe is on the next gen team, and they only had one team for the last old gen to new gen, wouldn't one assume it would be a better transition and maybe they learned a lesson?

There's no reason to not have hope, either.

Also agree with rolltide, put one item on, take one item off, etc..... but there were others that were just as puzzling that I was happy to see taken off. Ring bearer, build a fan, lazer light training, weapons, etc...
My whole point was that track record justifies people's fears. No one knows one way or another because we are two months out and the has been one tech demo released. Is there hope, yes but to blast peoples concerns and say I don't understand why people are concerned about Madden next gen is just as bad as those that say for certain it's going to be a failure.

His argument was why would you not buy next gen when it's available. My point was 2006 is why not.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #28
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
Yeah I was also around when Madden went from ps1 to ps2 and I also played madden on super Nintendo and N64. So no 2006 wasn't the only time that EA changed systems. The video gaming industry is much larger now and way more advanced than it was in 06. Some may choose to ignore that and continue to base their expectations on a single event that transpired 7 years ago. Others may choose to embrace that the developers and the console makers learned from their previous mistakes and took steps to insure there won't be a repeat of prior events.

I love how everyone not buying a new system calls those whose are buying new systems naive because they feel that the games will play better than their current gen equivalents.

The title of this thread is Why Next Gen, and not "Why not next gen".
Technology advances is not the point. EAs ability to execute on new technology is the concern. I'm hopeful they have put a proper plan in place but their last attempt, lack of information and year to year current gen progression has me concerned.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:40 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Technology advances is not the point. EAs ability to execute on new technology is the concern. I'm hopeful they have put a proper plan in place but their last attempt, lack of information and year to year current gen progression has me concerned.
I'm concerned also but I will give them the benefit of the doubt. Although I do see Madden as a flawed game. I find it to be an enjoyable playing experience for a few months. The way I see it is this. Will there be monumental advancements; no. EA has stated that Madden next gen has added over 300 OL/DL interaction animations and "living sidelines". Since everything else has been under wraps we don't know if there will be any changes to the passing game, WR/DB interaction, penalties, injuries etc.. So if you like current gen Madden i think it's safe to say you will like next gen madden. If you didn't like current gen madden 25 then i think it's safe to say you will not like next gen madden 25. Unless EA is holding back several bombshells I will use the term "port" loosely meaning I do not expect a list of game changing features to be announced. EA has mentioned Human intelligence as a key to the ignite engine only time will tell how if at all that impacts the cpu gameplay
Old 09-24-2013, 12:52 PM   #30
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
I'm concerned also but I will give them the benefit of the doubt. Although I do see Madden as a flawed game. I find it to be an enjoyable playing experience for a few months. The way I see it is this. Will there be monumental advancements; no. EA has stated that Madden next gen has added over 300 OL/DL interaction animations and "living sidelines". Since everything else has been under wraps we don't know if there will be any changes to the passing game, WR/DB interaction, penalties, injuries etc.. So if you like current gen Madden i think it's safe to say you will like next gen madden. If you didn't like current gen madden 25 then i think it's safe to say you will not like next gen madden 25. Unless EA is holding back several bombshells I will use the term "port" loosely meaning I do not expect a list of game changing features to be announced. EA has mentioned Human intelligence as a key to the ignite engine only time will tell how if at all that impacts the cpu gameplay
Honestly if they just beef up the run defense and fix some of the game breaking issues from current gen (draft class repeat, players disappearing from rosters) along with cleaning up some annoying things (replay issues, player specific celebrations not occurring in the opposite end zone where no other teammates are around) then add some of the window dressing they have talked about I will be more than pleased. Unlike others I thought the Peterson tech demo looked like a very different and much improved game but given current gen, the last thing that needs to happen is the rushing game getting more attention. Show me Peterson getting stuffed for no gain and I'm happier then watching him hurdle defenders in open space.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:03 PM   #31
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
My whole point was that track record justifies people's fears. No one knows one way or another because we are two months out and the has been one tech demo released. Is there hope, yes but to blast peoples concerns and say I don't understand why people are concerned about Madden next gen is just as bad as those that say for certain it's going to be a failure.

His argument was why would you not buy next gen when it's available. My point was 2006 is why not.
I get that, history is brought up a lot in here, as it should be, but I guess I have a bit more hope vs lightening striking twice after reading interviews from the Madden leaders about learning from past mistakes.

All we can do is see and wait what happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2013, 01:57 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I get that, history is brought up a lot in here, as it should be, but I guess I have a bit more hope vs lightening striking twice after reading interviews from the Madden leaders about learning from past mistakes.

All we can do is see and wait what happens.
I was a lot more optimistic 2 months ago than I am now. After having been able to play Madden 25 extensively in my online franchises, I still see a lot of the same problems that have plagued the game for years. I will say, however, that it is MUCH better than last year. I'm able to have more fun with it for sure because there are some nice realistic elements that have been missing. However, the same player movement issues are still there, no penalties, bad ball physics and other problems which I don't need to get into.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »