Home

Why Will Next Gen Be Different?

This is a discussion on Why Will Next Gen Be Different? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2013, 06:03 PM   #41
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Why Will Next Gen Be Different?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I agree Sage. It seems like things are there but they are not strategy based. Let me give an example between two of their games. Why does NCAA have defenders being aggressive out of their zones to attack the scrambling QB and Madden does not, although I don't think the defenders in NCAA are all that aggressive. People might say well Madden has spy. Well, that doesn't matter when the guy on offense SWERVES taking off from the CURB and breaks your defenders knees. Now of course this happens sometimes, but in Madden 25 it has EVERY time. Now I know there are some things you can do to create a "SWERVELESS" spy, but man it's too much micromanagement. They really need to get line stunts in the game so we can contain the QB that way. Denver was running stunts last night to contain Pryor on some downs.

And why have their defensive based strategy to defend the option when you are on defense you don't know who is going to take the QB? You should at least be able to see who on your defense is going to take the QB on the read option. But noo, only the offense can see that? What kind of sense does that make?

Then, why is it that with all the adjustments you can make in terms of hot blitzes and what not, the person on offense, all they have to do is flip their play or call hot routes and it resets your defensive adjustments? Again, wtf kind of sense does that make? Yeah the offense controls what the defensive coordinator calls. Just another

Also, can we finally get a damn defensive end running down hill faster than a QB backpedaling? There should be no way if I have a free defender that a QB can backpedal faster than him then spin around and start running away from him and almost turn the damn corner and get up the field. Stop the circus theatrics and let's deal with football please.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2013, 06:33 PM   #42
Rookie

Bull_Dozer's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm not certain it will be different. Which is why I'll wait for reviews before deciding whether to buy it.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:16 PM   #43
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Does anyone know when they are going to release footage of Madden? The game comes out in less than 2 months.. I would like to know what the game looks like in motion.
Nobody knows but EA.

Thinking they are squeezing everything out of the 360 and PS3 at the moment.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #44
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

This game is just so arcade to me. The passing system alone. Untether the ball from the wrs so I'm not completing 90% with Bj Coleman and Green Bays second team offense. Have the wrs actually fight for the pass so when I do make a bad read I don't have to watch a db grab the pick while my wr just keeps running with out stretched arms.

That needs to happen before we can even start to discuss strategy and football fundamentals, stunts, engaged player movement, reach tackles, qbs trucking, etc.

I just can't take this game as a serious simulation when the passing basics are worse than the ps2 era. All talk of next gen madden ends there for me. Until I see a single pass play, there is no reason to expect a better game in a couple months
Old 09-24-2013, 11:55 PM   #45
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

Unless the guys making this game for the new generation are immensely more talented than the guys who made it this generation, it won't be different, end of story, close the thread lol.

With that being said, I really don't see how the games can be any worse, I mean there were a bunch of Maddens released this gen that played like first efforts from a couple of dudes in their basement, except for some pretty graphics.

Hoping for something halfway decent, fingers crossed but really I've just been expecting the worst since Madden 07, after those first 2 clunkers I saw the writing on the wall, and much to my dismay I've been exactly right about what I expected and what we got, biggest disappointment in my history of gaming and I go back to Pong and Atari.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2013, 11:38 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
This game is just so arcade to me. The passing system alone. Untether the ball from the wrs so I'm not completing 90% with Bj Coleman and Green Bays second team offense. Have the wrs actually fight for the pass so when I do make a bad read I don't have to watch a db grab the pick while my wr just keeps running with out stretched arms.

That needs to happen before we can even start to discuss strategy and football fundamentals, stunts, engaged player movement, reach tackles, qbs trucking, etc.

I just can't take this game as a serious simulation when the passing basics are worse than the ps2 era. All talk of next gen madden ends there for me. Until I see a single pass play, there is no reason to expect a better game in a couple months
This is fundamentally why I have difficulty enjoying this game. The passing system needs a complete overhaul and it's one of the things I hope I see get addressed this year with madden next gen. My gut tells me since they haven't talked about it and it wasn't the focus at e3 .. It most likely won't get touched for Madden 15. This is one of the reason why I'm still playing 2k5 again this year with updated rosters .. After all these years, this game still has a wow factor.

For me, better graphics/ better side line interaction will not be enough for me to purchase madden 15 on next gen even though I have it preordered on the ps4. I was lucky enough to get it on a $39.99 promo futureshop was running during e3 but even at that price if that fundamentals of the game aren't overhauled .. I'll be cancelling my preorder ..

I've come to the conclusion that as long as madden continues to feel like an arcade game I won't be making a purchase and I'll continue to enjoy 2k5 with updated rosters.

On a brighter note, there's FIFA and NBA 2k14 next gen to look forward to and I know they'll deliver.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:26 PM   #47
Rookie

wech's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Sufferer
Unless the guys making this game for the new generation are immensely more talented than the guys who made it this generation, it won't be different, end of story, close the thread lol.

With that being said, I really don't see how the games can be any worse, I mean there were a bunch of Maddens released this gen that played like first efforts from a couple of dudes in their basement, except for some pretty graphics.

Hoping for something halfway decent, fingers crossed but really I've just been expecting the worst since Madden 07, after those first 2 clunkers I saw the writing on the wall, and much to my dismay I've been exactly right about what I expected and what we got, biggest disappointment in my history of gaming and I go back to Pong and Atari.
Great post and all but I mainly wanted to say that I think your name is hilarious! What an awesome screen name.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #48
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

With 10X the detail, Madden NFL has never looked so real. See every nuance of a player’s face, equipment, and clothing as the line blurs between the players in the game and their real-life counterparts. Up to 4x the texture resolution breathes new life into stadiums, crowds, the field, and even the ball itself. Combined with high-fidelity animations that deliver the smoothest, most authentic looking player interactions ever, Madden NFL 25 delivers Next Definition visuals.

This is a given, but they also need to add all the equipment this time around too. Also one set of Nike cleats is glitched from a distance on current gen. Saw the same glitch in the E3 demo. No excuse for that not to be fixed.

All-new True Step player motion calculates every step, delivering unprecedented control. Players now have the ability to foot-plant, cut, and shift momentum in an authentic way, unlocking the agility and explosiveness of the NFL athlete. IGNITE run-time physics calculate at twice the rate allowing for the most organic, user-driven outcomes in franchise history. Combined with the precision modifier’s vast combination of ballcarrier moves, Madden has never felt this good.

This is my biggest issue. I still don't think the running looked right from the E3 demo. Steps were still choppy and weird. Looked better than current gen though.

All-new Player Sense unlocks the human element in Madden NFL. For the first time, players scan the field, anticipate situations before they happen, and maneuver with instincts and awareness. The ability to make up to 50x as many contextual calculations brings intelligent ballcarriers and defenders to life, as they sense obstacles and react on the fly. Ballcarriers leap over fallen players, blitzing linebackers slide past teammates on their way to the QB, and so much more, combining the physical aspects of football with the mental.

Interested to see if this is just talk. If players still don't have realistic movements, it won't matter.

Offensive and Defensive line play is at the heart of football, and now it’s the foundation of Madden NFL 25. Lineman are more than just physical, they are intelligent. Coupled with the ability to make 4x more decisions per second, 300 new blocking interactions create the most realistic running lanes for the ballcarrier and passing pockets for the QB. Offensive lineman will dynamically sort and shift assignments based on threats and angles, starting with intelligently identifying the center of the defense, the “Mike”, countering the over 3x new defensive line moves and the latest blitz packages. Authentic double teams, blitz pick-ups, and line shifts showcase line units working together as one, highlighting the most physical and intense battles in the NFL.

Best news of next gen. Still if everything is tethered and psychic why does it matter? If Lineman still slide and warp what's the point? You still can't mix and match and tailor your defense. I want to see confused lineman as well. Not because their dumb, but because the defensive call was brilliant.

The NFL is so much more than just what happens between the lines. It’s the crowds, sidelines, and commentary that truly bring the emotion of Sunday to life. In Madden NFL 25, feel the anxiety of the crowd as you step up to the line on 4th and goal. Watch your teammates and coaches erupt with excitement as you blaze down the sideline for a game-changing score. Hear the most intelligent commentary in franchise history, as Jim Nantz, Phil Simms and our new sideline reporter Danielle Bellini follow everything about your career. From injuries to accolades they’ll bring your career to life like never before.

Really can't wait to hear and see this stuff. I wonder if the crowd will finally feel electric and intense. I wish they would've mentioned playoff and big game crowds though. Every game and stadium is different across the NFL. Game should reflect that.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

Last edited by SageInfinite; 09-25-2013 at 12:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »