Home

Interceptions

This is a discussion on Interceptions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 7
Interceptions

Is it a bug that after an INT the player always turns up field (like he's a receiver), then the camera reverses and then he starts going the correct way?

It's driving me crazy, should have had a few pick 6's that were jacked up because of this issue.

Any word on when the first (non zero day) patch will be to hopefully correct some issues?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2013, 02:13 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Interceptions

It's not a bug, it's just the game reading whatever input you already have on the sticks and applying them to that player as soon as the INT is made, but before the camera turns. So all of the controls are inversed for that split second, making the DB go in weird directions.

I've become pretty decent at getting around it with practice though. All you have to do is, as soon as you see that your DB has a play on the ball, let go of the sticks completely, then wait until the camera has turned to touch them again.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:16 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 7

Hmm... But I play a D-Line man almost every play and rely on CPU to make INTS. Which means I'm holding DOWN which would be correct when an INT happens, yet the defender still turns up-field. While the camera is switching I switch to UP but it doesn't matter as I'm usually already tackled by the receiver.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:24 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I rely on the cpu for INT's also. The best thing to do is just let go of the sticks as soon as the QB releases the ball. If you get a pick, wait for the camera to completely turn around before trying to control the DB. That's what I do, and on about 7/10 INT's I don't have that problem anymore.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:30 PM   #5
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

yeap let go of the sticks then once your guy makes it take over I was same way as u till somebody told me about letting go of the sticks since then no problems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2013, 03:51 PM   #6
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

It has nothing to do w/ user input. I abide by the no-switch rule when playing defense and the CPU does this on their own most of the time. A few times where they catch the pass running completely downhill it doesn't happen

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 09-24-2013, 06:29 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

It has everything to do with user input. I started getting pick sixes when I stop touching the sticks up the ball arriving at my DB. There is no reason for you to be touching them with the ball in the air unless you're the DB breaking to the ball anyways. Let go, then get back on the sticks when the camera turns and you should have no issues
Old 09-24-2013, 11:59 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by friscob
It has nothing to do w/ user input. I abide by the no-switch rule when playing defense and the CPU does this on their own most of the time. A few times where they catch the pass running completely downhill it doesn't happen
I agree. I have seen the CPU go the wrong way as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »