Home

Best Players To Change Their Positions in CFM [Madden 25]

This is a discussion on Best Players To Change Their Positions in CFM [Madden 25] within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2013, 02:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

So, I came across that Dezrick Carr player, a 6'6" TE with 90 SPD, ACC, AGI, and JMP.

Traded for him and decided that this offseason I'm going to turn him into a HB.

Figured I'd start a thread to jot down players that would be solid performers at other positions.

One thing to note is that there are limits to which positions you can move players to. I don't have the full list off the top of my head, but for example, I know you can't permanently move any OL to TE. However, I think using the depth chart you can actually START OL at TE.

I don't think you can move any defensive players to offense, which kind of sucks when some storyline players declare for the draft on the opposite side of the ball that you wanted them for.

Also, if I recall some other threads, if you move a player to WR, he's permanently stuck at that position. You can't move a WR to any other position, so make sure you're positive about making that change.

Let's do some examples off the top of my head...

If you want a big (6'6" / 6'7") HB or FB, you can move a TE to those positions.

Heck, I remember someone in the Storyline Players thread said there was a 7'4" TE. That would be helluva funny to have as your HB. I think he only has something like 55 SPD though...

Maybe decent up the middle as a blocking FB, depending on how physically big he is?

Or for comedy, pair him at FB with MJD or 5'6" Jaquizz Rodgers at HB?

If you're going for an actual usable, startable big HB at the beginning of your franchise, I made a few notes. I just started a playthrough where I'm moving the Chargers from SD to LA to rebrand them as the Aftershocks. In that, I traded Ryan Mathews to the Dolphins, and I've just acquired this TE from the Eagles:

Derek Carrier:
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 238 lbs
EXP: 1 (sophomore season)
SPD: 89
ACC: 94
AGI: 91
JMP: 90
STR: 56
AWR: 41
CTH: 73
CIT: 72
SPC: 77
RTE: 42
ELU: 61
BCV: 68
CAR: 73
TRK: 68
SFA: 63
JKM: 74
SPM: 72
RLS: 75
IBL: 55
RBK: 63
PBK: 42
STA: 83
TGH: 75
INJ: 88
PER: 26

His contract at the start of Year 1 of any franchise (while he's on the Eagles roster):

LENGTH: 3 Years
REMAINING: 3 Years
TOTAL: $1.5 MIL
2013 CAP: $500K
2014 CAP: $500K
2015 CAP: $500K

Looking at those stats, some notes:

First, PER of 26. Not sure about this, but I suspect that most TE's probably won't have a high PER rating. I think QB's, HB's, and WR's are usually the most common positions to have high PER ratings on your team, so if you move a TE to HB, he probably won't have a high PER rating unless he's a storyline player. Probably exceptions to this rule, but I think it'll hold true for most prospects.

Second, SPD and ACC are the hardest, rarest attributes for a TE (that you want to convert to HB). Almost none of them, either already on NFL teams or in the Free Agent Pool, have a SPD rating of 90 or above. There might be some minor exceptions to this like Vernon Davis, but if you're going to convert a TE to HB, you probably want a younger player (like the TE above, 23 years old), as opposed to Vernon Davis who is already 29 years old in Year 1 of any franchise, and likely on the verge of his decline phase.

Next, almost none of the TE's have a high TRK rating. Especially not usually the fast ones, which are the ones we want to convert to HB.

And if you're converting a TE to HB, it's probably because you want to have the biggest bruiser in the NFL running the ball (ala Brandon Jacobs or Natrone Means):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8RfdTJwS-g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6lqYeFWxjY

To that affect, I suspect STR also has a lot to do with a player's ability to escape tackles, seeing how Big Ben Roethlisberger has an 85 for STR and Cam Newton has an 81.

Some combination of STR, ELU, and TRK would probably create the ultimate tackle-breaking machine.

As an example, the 31-year old version of Brandon Jacobs at Year-1 of franchise mode:

Brandon Jacobs:
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 264 lbs
SPD: 84
ACC: 79
AGI: 76

TRK: 95
STR: 87
ELU: 55

AWR: 84
BCV: 85
CAR: 87
SFA: 97
SPM: 82
JKM: 75
CTH: 53
CIT: 52
SPC: 45
RTE: 50
STA: 78
TGH: 93
INJ: 83
PER: 73

If that's any indication, a blend of SPD / ACC / AGI / STR / TRK is probably the most important stats for a huge, fast power back. ELU probably isn't as important?

Unfortunately most fast TE's seem to have a low STR rating. I think most of their STR ratings are usually at or less-than 70'ish. The one TE in the FA Pool that had a 91 STR rating, his SPD/ACC were 73/67.

I can't say how it will be for draft classes, but it would probably take a rare TE to have high SPD/ACC AND high STR/TRK.

Also, side note, if you want a 6'6" or 6'7" WR (there aren't too many of these guys), moving a TE to WR would almost certainly seem to be the easiest way to achieve that, assuming said TE has high SPD/ACC.

If you want a supreme blocking TE, it's probably best to just use an extra O-lineman and assign them as a TE via the depth chart. However, you won't be able to upgrade catching stats for that lineman, of course, so you won't be able to increase his receiving ability. He'd be a pure blocking option for a ".

I'm sure there's people on this forum that can add a lot more to this specific conversation. Which players have you converted to other positions in your CFM's?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2013, 03:00 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Best Players To Change Their Positions in CFM [Madden 25]

Oh yeah, storyline DE Axel Boenzi makes a pretty good MLB.

Ray Lewis unretired in one CFM, so I signed him, and had Axel as the heir apparent.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:26 PM   #3
Just started!

two of my favorite guys to move are Alex Okafor and Terrelle Pryor.
Alex Okafor (Rookie ROLB Arizona Cardinals) played DE for Texas and was a sack monster. I move him back to his natural Defensive end position (4-3).
I move Terrelle Pryor to WR, where he played some of his Senior year in high school. at 6'6 and a freak athlete he becomes a #1 quickly.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #4
Just started!

There's a draft with a receiver called "shady Monroe" and he's 6' 8"
I drafted him 24th overall and he's great
By the way, where is the 7' 4" TE you speak of? I have yet to find him...
Old 12-13-2013, 11:20 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefurrypanda00
There's a draft with a receiver called "shady Monroe" and he's 6' 8"
I drafted him 24th overall and he's great
By the way, where is the 7' 4" TE you speak of? I have yet to find him...
Antwaun Gbor, 7'4" 265, in the Don Merrigan Draft.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2013, 12:51 PM   #6
Rookie

If you're looking for a freak TE, look at William Shorter! 99 on SPD!!!!
Old 12-16-2013, 12:47 AM   #7
Rookie

MagsMetrics101's Arena

FB Spencer Ware from Seattle, change him to HB

FB Zach Line from Minnesota, change him to TE

FB Henry Hynoski from New York, change him to TE

TE Demarcus Dobbs from San Francisco, change him to DT

HB Zach Brown from Tennessee, change him to LB (idk even now why he is a HB to begin with?)
Old 12-16-2013, 01:41 AM   #8
Rookie

I like changing Alex Okafor to DE, dudes a beast

Last edited by Patsnation34; 12-16-2013 at 01:48 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »