Home

AI Coaching/Player Management in CFM?

This is a discussion on AI Coaching/Player Management in CFM? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2013, 04:57 AM   #1
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

OVR: 1
AI Coaching/Player Management in CFM?

In my offline CFM, in which I play as the Browns, one of the many teams that needed a QB was the Jaguars. Well, they addressed that need with a pick in the middle of the first round, selecting David Fales (imported class).

Now, during the pre season I played against him and he came out with the second team, torching my defense. I guess I didn't really think anything of it at the time, just thought it was cool to see Fales play in the game.

Well, my second regular season game also came against the Jaguars. Gabbert started, and I had seemingly forgotten about Fales by then, but Gabbert took a shot and got knocked out for a series, bringing Fales in.

At this point, I wondered how his ratings turned out, so I check their depth chart... In their own system, he is a 79 OVR, while Gabbert is only a 77!

Why isn't Fales starting?

After the game ended, I checked the Jaguars' roster to see how they were rated before the scheme affected things... Both were a 77...
This should still get Fales the starting job, shouldn't it?

A problem like this throughout the season could leave Fales underdeveloped, leaving the Jaguars drafting another QB in year two, which to me is a major problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2013, 05:48 AM   #2
Rookie

tosa's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: AI Coaching/Player Management in CFM?

I could be mistaken but I think the ratings you see are for the way your team evaluates- IE: your scheme. You never really know how they evaluate their roster other than by depth chart. Hope that makes sense.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:52 PM   #3
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

He's better in every passing stat across the board, just with lower Awareness and Speed.

Dude has ridiculous deep ball and short passing stats, rated 88 and 92
Old 09-26-2013, 05:56 PM   #4
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

The scheme thing does make sense, though...

With the acquisition of Chad Henne, drafting Gabbert a few years ago, and drafting Matt Scott and Denard Robinson this year, they DO seem to have a propensity for going after guys who can't pass the ball.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:44 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

Viewing the depth chart in game does not scheme adjust the OVRs. They are the true overalls, as you would see in play now(with some possible DPP modifications).

Once you get outside the game, but remain within your CFM, viewing the depth charts reflect the OVR of the players as they would be considered under YOUR selected coaching scheme.

EA really botched the implementation of this concept within the game, so it is often cause for confusion.

Last edited by Sturzinator; 09-26-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »