Home

OS Grudgematch: NCAA Football 14 vs. Madden NFL 25

This is a discussion on OS Grudgematch: NCAA Football 14 vs. Madden NFL 25 within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
The 49ers Showcase the Inadequacy of Madden's Man-Match Coverage
Undisputed Beta #3 - Improvements We'd Like to See
EA Sports PGA Tour Release Date and Details Unveiled

Old 09-26-2013, 05:57 PM   #9
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: OS Grudgematch: NCAA Football 14 vs. Madden NFL 25

Or go pick up NCAA because it's the last one for awhile.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:10 PM   #10
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

OVR: 1

In NCAA, passing defense seems much better. I tried going against VT's DBs... not fun.

My DBs, I think, can actually cover people if I call a good enough play.

If I commit myself to stopping the Read Option or Triple Option against the cpu, I feel like I can.

The only problem I have is that you can't adjust individual coverage disguise coverage as well as you can in Madden.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:09 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Quote:
The Infinity Engine 2.0 was implemented into both games, giving them the most advanced physics in a football game ever
I would argue that the physics in Backbreaker: Vengeance are still several years ahead of what EA Tiburon has currently with their Infinity Engine.

The players' skeletal systems behave much more naturally, plus the collisions look much more lifelike in Backbreaker: Vengeance.

Last edited by jyoung; 09-26-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2013, 02:41 PM   #12
Rookie

Caius101's Arena

OVR: 0
Love both games... but so far as presentation goes, NCAA wins it for me. I can still stomach the NCAA commentary, within a week I had turned off Madden's because he just simply... irks and annoys me beyond words. The commentary NEVER gets a call correct. A throw a ball 5 yards on 1st down and get chided about not throwing it deep (seriously?), then turn around and a WR drops a ball 30 yards down field (bouncing off his hands) and he blames the QB for a 'bad throw' or a horribly beaten CB for a 'great defensive play'?

NCAA isn't much better... but at least their voices aren't grating atop the idiocy. Still, even with the commentary turned off, I love playing the games during franchise mode this year.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:46 PM   #13
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Run Game - Madden 25. Precision modifier is awesome and Madden 25's RB AI do a much better job of running then NCAA 14's AI.

Passing Game - Madden 25 get the slight edge simply because they have more sideline catch animations. Also being that Madden have more passer ratings then NCAA, you have a much better separation between elite QBs and scrub QBs compared to NCAA 14.

Line Play - Draw

Defense - Madden 25. Big hits look like big hits. Hit stick seem to be non existent in NCAA 14. NCAA 14 I see way too many ball carriers bounce backwards from a hit stick instead of being knocked down flat on their back. Also Madden's adaptive AI seem to be way quicker as well.

Most realistic - From a pure visual stand point in broadcast cam view, Madden look more like a real life game on tv.
From a game play stand point, Madden has fumbles and injuries. You rarely see fumbles in NCAA 14. Pretty much every fumble I seen in NCAA 14 was from the QB running with the ball.

CFM or Dynasty - Draw. Depends on what you prefer. Both are good, just different way of doing things.

Better Ultimate Team - Draw. Neither blows me away.

Presentation - Draw. Neither seem to capture the excitement of a rivalry game or a must win situation or a big play happening.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #14
Rookie

westview33's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
You really hit the nail on the head with playing defense. That's the one thing that seems so hard to get in a video game. The last time I really enjoyed playing DE was in NFL2k5. In Madden 25, the suction blocking remains, and it really is boring. If I edited ratings, so my guy is even better than Reggie White in his prime, he should be regularly blowing up the offensive tackles. And he isn't. I get that people want their own skill to matter, especially online, but ratings really really have to matter, or a franchise game is not going to work well.
It shouldn't be that way but from what I've seen through using edited rosters in both Madden 13 and 25 you can greatly improve the pass rush by DE's if you spend time editing the OL with it.Most people just edit the DL players and never touch the OL players.
Westview Basketball #33
Old 09-27-2013, 05:36 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 12

guys i played madden25 yesterday O.M.G its so real my GOD i gotta have it that broadcast cam is dangerous love it great work EA SPORTS

Last edited by gilljon26; 09-27-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »