Home

unable to tackle/pursue ball carrier?!

This is a discussion on unable to tackle/pursue ball carrier?! within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-27-2013, 12:09 PM   #1
Rookie

RG3MVP's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon5 unable to tackle/pursue ball carrier?!

About 2-3 times per gm the CPU Rb will have like an invisible barrier and it happens right b4 the CPU stiff-arms. Has anyone else seen this?
I will have the perfect tackle angle but then I get stonewalled right b4 going for the tackle.
Some are so bad that it makes the defender turn and run away from the RB?!?!

If there is a way to fix this, please reply?

I've seen other post on this but not really any fix that I've read.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2013, 12:52 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: unable to tackle/pursue ball carrier?!

yeah I've experienced this aswell. I'd have the perfect angle to tackle and then all of a sudden, my player just starts chasing him instead of tackling him. I would be pressing the tackle button but I'd get no response whatsoever.

I was told that it was due to the Heat Seeker tackling. You can turn it off in options. After I did that, I had no problems
Old 09-27-2013, 01:11 PM   #3
Rookie

RG3MVP's Arena

I will see when I get home but I thought heat seeker was turned off on mine
Old 09-27-2013, 01:11 PM   #4
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5

I just played a game and noticed it but from other side as i was the one stiff arming , in 2 or 3 rushing plays i cut outside and saw DB running to me , so i just keep pressing stiff arm and i see he doesnt try to make a tackle and i just outran him in all 3 plays, i watched replays on all 3 plays and its exactly as how you described it , when RB is doing the stiff arm move BEFORE the tackling animation starts it seems that it creates some barrier for the defender and he is unable to tackle and usually loses the good tackling angle on the RB too , which leads to a huge run play, the weird thing is that if you use stiff arm after tackling animation has started you wont see this and i noticed some other things about this bug too but im not sure about them yet so i wont go into details just yet , need to play more games first and see how it really is .
Old 09-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #5
Rookie

RG3MVP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisinas
I just played a game and noticed it but from other side as i was the one stiff arming , in 2 or 3 rushing plays i cut outside and saw DB running to me , so i just keep pressing stiff arm and i see he doesnt try to make a tackle and i just outran him in all 3 plays, i watched replays on all 3 plays and its exactly as how you described it , when RB is doing the stiff arm move BEFORE the tackling animation starts it seems that it creates some barrier for the defender and he is unable to tackle and usually loses the good tackling angle on the RB too , which leads to a huge run play, the weird thing is that if you use stiff arm after tackling animation has started you wont see this and i noticed some other things about this bug too but im not sure about them yet so i wont go into details just yet , need to play more games first and see how it really is .
Your onto something bro! It happens when user or CPU activates the stiff arm b4 the defender activates the tackle animation. It seems to only affect the defender closest to the runner too

I think its a stiff arm animation glitch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2013, 10:30 AM   #6
Rookie

RG3MVP's Arena

Icon5 Re: unable to tackle/pursue ball carrier?!

I'm wondering if this is an All-Madden glitch, has anyone seen this happen Pro or All-Pro?
Old 09-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #7
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

Happens on All-Pro also, sadly!
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 09-28-2013, 04:10 PM   #8
Rookie

RG3MVP's Arena

Icon5 Re: unable to tackle/pursue ball carrier?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongemeier
Happens on All-Pro also, sadly!
That sucks! Its lil glitches like this that is worth patching but with Tiburon working on Next Gen, I'd be pleasantly surprised to see any patch for this gen(other than the patch we had for disappearing players on PS3)

Has anyone played w/o patch 1 on PS3?
Im wondering if the patch for PS3 is causing this stiff arm glitch?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »