Home

Old 09-28-2013, 08:23 AM   #1
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

OVR: 1
UDFA's

I looked at my roster in week 9 of year 2 to find out I have 19 (!) Rookies on my roster.

I have picked up some crazy good Rookies in the Free Agent market, including 81 OVR 3-4 LE Stephon Tuitt (79 as 4-3 DT in my scheme).

I also have 4 UDFA's on my offensive line alone, including a RT who came in at 75 OVR with Quick Development who is now an 86 as my starter.

So, I was wondering if anyone else has been able to get some good Rookies after the draft, import or otherwise...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2013, 01:43 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: UDFA's

It's crazy how little you need to spend to improve rookies and UDFAs to make them worthwhile additions to your team. In most cases the amount of XP you get from preseason and the practice right before your first game is enough to turn a low 60 into a mid 70 player just by pouring all or most of that XP into their awareness.

I typically sort the positional FA list by reverse age, so I'm looking at the youngest. Then I try to find a player with some good stats in a couple areas useful to the position (such as speed for WR or DBs). Then I dump awareness into them until they have 70-75, up the stats appropriate for their scheme and in a year or two they are usually starting for me. OL are the best ones to pick up like this because it is almost always just their awareness bringing their overall way down. Picking up a 55 OVR LT with serviceable run and pass block rating but super low awareness rating is one of the best ways to develop a lineman to plug a hole on your line somewhere. If you get him at 20 or 21 and sign him to a nice long and cheap contract at 22, you'll have a superstar on your line for a good 4-5 years.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:55 PM   #3
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

OVR: 1

Yeah. Developing good rookies is actually pretty easy this year with the XP package prices.

Raised Tim Jennings from a high 60's Press to an 81 now... They need to have more traits for each position or make XP more expensive...
Old 09-29-2013, 12:46 AM   #4
Rookie

O-Linemen with 90+ STR are free money.

For RBs, Dujuan Harrris ain't bad. SPD/ACC or TRK, depending on what your run game is like.

For DTs, I prefer straight STR. You won't find a DT or End with Elite SPD/ACC in the FA pool.

CBs, height + SPD + ACC. FS and SS too.

You can actually find quite a few good SPD/ACC LBs in there though.
Old 09-29-2013, 12:26 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 25

Every starter on my offense has less than 2 yrs experience and nobody is rated higher than 78..,
7-0 with #1 defense.

So sweet isn't it?

The above is sarcasm.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2013, 01:52 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Every starter on my offense has less than 2 yrs experience and nobody is rated higher than 78..,
7-0 with #1 defense.

So sweet isn't it?

The above is sarcasm.
There are these things in the game called "sliders". You should look into them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »