Home

Ugh.....I had a greeeeat game, but lousy coaching (by me)

This is a discussion on Ugh.....I had a greeeeat game, but lousy coaching (by me) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2013, 12:28 AM   #1
glp
Rookie

OVR: 1
Ugh.....I had a greeeeat game, but lousy coaching (by me)

My Lions vs the Ravens. 4th qtr my Lions are up 9-0. As time dwindles down, the Ravens finally kick a field goal to make it 9-3, then they try an onside kick and I recover. There's 15 seconds left, I do a running play and wait for the clock to tick down to 2 seconds remaining and call a time out, because I want to try a long field goal as the clock runs out. It turns out it's gonna be a 64 yard attempt which excites me, as a world record would be very nice. I hit the button near perfect at the top of the red. I thought I made it, but....guess it was just short. Sad, but no big deal, ..... EXCEPT FOR NOW IT WANTS ME TO CALL A DEFENSIVE PLAY......and....OHMYGAAAAAWD.....it turns out it wasn't at two seconds, it was at a one minute and two freaking seconds. Don't know how I didn't see that right. Soooo, as luck would have it.....they go right down the field and score the go ahead touch down and extra point with 15 seconds remaining.

I was going to fair catch the kickoff or let the ball go thru the endzone, but they did a squib kick and I run it back for 15 extra yards or so.

I have Stafford throw a quick pass to Johnson for a dozen yards and a time out, then the same thing to Buerlson and a time out. Now theres 4 seconds left and I have Acres to try a 44 yard field goal to win.....AND I FREAKIN' BLOW IT AND MISS TO THE LEFT. (kind of like he would do in real life).....

I sat there staring at the TV and steaming......even though I lost.....it was just cool.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »