Home

realistic draft import

This is a discussion on realistic draft import within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2013, 12:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
realistic draft import

I have a huge issue with the draft import from NCAA14 into Madden 25. The issue is the number of 1 round projected QBs every time I re-upload it i get the same things 12-15 QBs projected in the 1st round the QBs themselves change position but are still projected in 1st. looking back from 1999 draft to this past draft the most QBs taken in the 1st round were 5 in 1999 and average was 4 and a few occasions where 1 QB was taken in the first. not sure if anyone else has had this issue and if theres a solution because its annoying that a team with a Pro Bowl QB or a franchise QB is drafting a QB in the 1st round and not going for a need or best player available (not a QB)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2013, 09:51 AM   #2
Rookie

cocacolaman's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: realistic draft import

It's like in real life in the start of last year college season the talk was all Geno Smith Going #1 and Barkley in top 10 and talk of Glennon and Manuel etc.... when in fact only 1 EJ Manuel went in the first round.

Again this Year Manzel, Bridgewater, Boyd and others all being mentioned as top picks when realistcally maybe 2 might go in the first round.

My imported class was the same with a ton projected in the first round with Johnny Manzel was the #1 Pick but the next QB taken was me at the 18 pick I took Bridgewater cause i'm the Browns I used my #1 pick at 4 to take Clowney and my pick from the Richardson Trade to take Bridgewater. No other QB's were taken in the first with about 3 going in round two and most going in round 3.. Murray was the last one taken in round 5.

So I actually think it's realistic. Just cause they say projected doesn't mean that's were they are going. Also check out the roster section. I found a couple good draft classes there to use for the next 2 years so they are pretty realistic.

Highest rated player was an 86 and that was Clowney and only 5 players were 80 or higher with about 15 78-79. So pretty much the first and a couple sleepers.
I'll have to look and see what Johnny Manzel is Bridgewater was a 82 to start for me but Manzeil went #1 to the Jets and when he was picked it say'd Geno Smith isnt' going to like that which i thought was funny.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:57 AM   #3
Rookie

cocacolaman's Arena

OVR: 4

Forgot to mention look at two years ago

Luck 1, Rg3 2, Tannehill 8, Weeden 22
that's 4 in the first round.

Next year's supposed to be another good QB
draft so in real life Manziel, Bridgewater, Boyd,
Mariota or Hundley all might go first round.

Heck there's a couple mock drafts with 4 and 5 going in the
1st round now but I think there'll be 2-3 going in the first.
Old 09-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocacolaman
Forgot to mention look at two years ago

Luck 1, Rg3 2, Tannehill 8, Weeden 22
that's 4 in the first round.

Next year's supposed to be another good QB
draft so in real life Manziel, Bridgewater, Boyd,
Mariota or Hundley all might go first round.

Heck there's a couple mock drafts with 4 and 5 going in the
1st round now but I think there'll be 2-3 going in the first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocacolaman
It's like in real life in the start of last year college season the talk was all Geno Smith Going #1 and Barkley in top 10 and talk of Glennon and Manuel etc.... when in fact only 1 EJ Manuel went in the first round.

Again this Year Manzel, Bridgewater, Boyd and others all being mentioned as top picks when realistcally maybe 2 might go in the first round.

My imported class was the same with a ton projected in the first round with Johnny Manzel was the #1 Pick but the next QB taken was me at the 18 pick I took Bridgewater cause i'm the Browns I used my #1 pick at 4 to take Clowney and my pick from the Richardson Trade to take Bridgewater. No other QB's were taken in the first with about 3 going in round two and most going in round 3.. Murray was the last one taken in round 5.

So I actually think it's realistic. Just cause they say projected doesn't mean that's were they are going. Also check out the roster section. I found a couple good draft classes there to use for the next 2 years so they are pretty realistic.

Highest rated player was an 86 and that was Clowney and only 5 players were 80 or higher with about 15 78-79. So pretty much the first and a couple sleepers.
I'll have to look and see what Johnny Manzel is Bridgewater was a 82 to start for me but Manzeil went #1 to the Jets and when he was picked it say'd Geno Smith isnt' going to like that which i thought was funny.
no i get that they are just projected but when i had my draft those QBs were taken in the first round Jax, Mia, Cle, Cin, ST.L, SD, NY Jets and Dallas all took QBs in the first round thats 8 teams. Teams sometimes pick up another QB but usually wait till later rounds not in the first when you already have a playoff QB or even a pro bowler. It could have been that draft i will check after this CFM

And i see those Teddy B, Manziel and Mariota going in the first Hundley n Boyd in the second

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »