Home

before today's trailer, lets look back at Madden 2001's..your excitement then?

This is a discussion on before today's trailer, lets look back at Madden 2001's..your excitement then? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2013, 12:32 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 21
before today's trailer, lets look back at Madden 2001's..your excitement then?

Were you as excited as I was when getting your PS2 to buy this game? This commercial added to the excitement.... I was sooooo pumped and ready.

now here is 360 Madden Launch commercial....meh, but I do love the art direction..looked more realistic than where Ian tried to take Madden 09-11

so what are you expecting come launch for the PS4 and Xbox1?

I was initially expecting to be somewhere between the 2001 launch and the 2006 launch... I thought that I'd be happy with having the same features +more as the current gen game...and just upgraded Graphics.

but then I was worried that I would not get that NEXT GEN FEEL! the one I got from Madden 2001. But after watching more footage of older Madden 25 Next gen....I'm back to feeling excited again. I think its going to be much closer to Madden 2001.

I think EA has been holding back, and the game will look amazing. Even in the early footage I can see the potential of how good it can look. Realistic looking tone and all. I think the gameplay is going to be similar to current gen, but with features that will make it alittle better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2013, 12:44 PM   #2
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: before today's trailer, lets look back at Madden 2001's..your excitement then?

I remember Madden '01 and was pretty hype about it. I was just about to graduate high school. I think I used my tax return on that and the PS2. Ahh, the good ole days when Madden was Madden.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:46 PM   #3
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: before today's trailer, lets look back at Madden 2001's..your excitement then?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who realizes there was more than the Madden 06 360 launch.

Madden 2001 on PS2 had me pumped beyond belief, and it lived up to all the hype. I remember playing it on a PS2 kiosk in Comp USA for about 30 minutes. I was hooked. When I finally got my PS2 in like January I played the game all day. Rocked out for months on that game.

With that being said I don't think the game will live up to that hype. Expectations are so different nowadays. So I think I will be in between 01 and 06. Not as incredible as Madden 01 was for me, but nowhere near as disappointing as Madden 06.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 09-30-2013, 01:18 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 4

The first Madden on PS2 was amazing. I'll never forget my first Dynasty was as a Kurt Warner type 34 year Old QB on the bears. I thought it was the coolest thing that you could look at stats from games played in prior seasons to be able to see how you fared against certain teams. Too bad they took that out down the road. Here is to hoping that Next Gen can recreate that magic/excitement in about a month and a half from now.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:33 PM   #5
Pro

Herschie's Arena

OVR: 0

Keep in mind, Madden '01 also had QB Club and the 2K series to compete with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2013, 02:45 PM   #6
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

You're so right about the art direction back in the day. The player models look so much more realistic, and diverse!

I remember being able to select the fat percentage vs muscle percentage of a player that would lead to a jiggling belly or not. How this didn't make it to madden on PS3/xbox 360 is beyond me.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:45 PM   #7
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

I remember seeing Madden 01 screen shots in a gaming magazine, my jaw dropped. That was the game that made me and my friend stand outside of K-Mart at 5am before school (high school) to grab a PS2 and Madden 01. We was so excited, and the game lived up to the hype!

When Madden 06 came out I remember being excited about that Donovan McNabb and TO trailer. For some reason I couldn't get a system at launch that year. But I remember going over my friends house who had a 360 with Madden 06. And I remember saying something like this game plays like crap, how come I can't do this, this, and this like on PS2. And I'm still saying that she thing today.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »