Home

Madden NFL 25 Screenshots - Next-Gen vs. Current-Gen Comparisons

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Screenshots - Next-Gen vs. Current-Gen Comparisons within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2013, 06:49 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 25 Screenshots - Next-Gen vs. Current-Gen Comparisons

How could they get current gen Russell Wilson so wrong? Just another EA SMH moment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2013, 06:50 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
Talk about the law of diminishing returns. NG looks better, sure. But it is not a great leap by any stretch. No matter.
I agree. Im hoping they completely rebuild the game at some point down the line
Old 10-01-2013, 07:03 PM   #43
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

If they don't rebuild it for launch, they're certainly not going to rebuild it at any point during the console's life cycle, as they'll only have 10 months or whatever to do it.

That's why it's so important to get this one right, because it pretty much carves into stone what Madden Next-Gen is going to be for the rest of the PS4/Xbone's life cycle.

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Old 10-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #44
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
A little perspective incase people forgot how PS2 looked, lol.

Now that puts in perspective. Yea don't get me wrong I know PS3 was much better than PS2 with graphics but my feeling after looking at next gen Madden is that PS3 Madden looks old and outdated much like PS2 did once PS3 came out.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:37 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 0
Graphics look ok. 2k just has us spoiled. 2k is next gen, madden is a port.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2013, 08:45 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 0

[quote=Steve_OS;2045517240]

^^^ Two different light directions here (Next Gen in direct sunlight, current in either a shadow/different time of day/cloud or overcast setting), so the comparison is ineffective.

^^^Similar issue as the first

^^^ Neglible, arguably indistinguishable. Also light direction is different with the Next Gen one shown being hit by direct sunlight with the current gen not.

I'm not saying that the way these photos are being presented that it's deliberate, but the recurring theme is that almost all of the comparisons show the Next Gen in bright direct light and Current gen in a darker setting which would naturally make the Next Gen photos appears head and shoulders above the Current, but that's misleading.

The reality is, the graphical leap is minor and people are trying hard to convince themselves it's not.

Also, that Dez Bryant photo is still wrong. Dez is darker than that, but Tiburon has failed on skin colors for like, forever, so I'm not surprised. I'm actually shocked they got the 49ers helmet color right.

Now let's dig deeper:

Madden 06 XBOX 360

^^^That looks absolutely AMAZING. And let's be real, if I didn't tell you it was Madden 06 you could be convinced it's Madden 25 for Next Gen based on what we've seen from Next Gen so far. See the problem here?

Madden 25 Next Gen

^^^ Looks good, sure, but I don't see where that looks better than either of the Madden 06 pics, in fact I think the Madden 06 stadium pics look better.

Madden 07 360

Look at the 3D grass. Does Madden 25 Next Gen's look much better? I say they look about the same. And yes, the players models here are not as detailed, but look at the crowd. Are you telling me that crowd doesn't look as good as what they've shown us of Madden 25 for Next Gen? Ha!

Upclose faces and Helmets

Madden 06 Face

^^^ This is in a darker time/cloud cast setting than the next pic. And keep in mind that this was captured in a lower res with lesser hardware/software 8 years ago than what we capture vids and photos with now. Looks stunning.

Madden 25 Next Gen Face

^^^ Good, but is this REALLY much better than the Madden 06 shot of Drew Brees? I say no. Some might argue that the M06 pic looks more "real".

All Pro Football 2K8 Face (Just for good measure)

Madden 25 Next Gen Jersey Textures Vs. All Pro Football 2K8

^^^Not even as close-up as the Madden pic, but look at that jersey detail? The stitching and all. It's really incredible. Now, of course APF looked like crap from a distance, but upclose you have to give it its just due. And certainly, Madden Next Gen's jersey's don't look as detailed which I feel is unacceptable given that APF was made so long ago and on considerably inferior hardware.

When it's all said done, gameplay is the most important thing and we have to see (with understandably little or no faith they'll deliver) 11-on-11 gameplay video. But if Tiburon is trying to sell us on graphics, they're not doing a good job. It's not bad, it's just not much of a leap. I also find it irresponsible that they would allot so much graphical resource to GRASS when that should've been toned down and spent more aggressively on the player models. What were they thinking???

When I see this:

http://abload.de/img/harden5hje8.gif

I "FEEL" that Next Gen energy just emanating from it. When I look at Madden 25 for XB1 and PS4, I just get a vibe of "Been there, done that, not interested anymore". I dunno, Tiburon had a minute to wow me and they failed to do what 2K did for me in 6 seconds and I'm in the minority on that feeling. And the kicker is, I HATE basketball! But how can I NOT try this game?

Madden is in A LOT of trouble right now.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #47
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Poe
Graphics look ok. 2k just has us spoiled. 2k is next gen, madden is a port.
If you're talking about NBA 2K14, that is not built from the ground up. I'm sure lots of components were ported.

Apparently Madden line play has been built from the ground up. So its not all ported.

Pretty much all next-gen games making the jump from current-gen are ports in a lot of respects.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:00 PM   #48
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

@FaceMask You're trying really hard aren't you. Look, I understand where you're coming from, but the graphics can only be so good right now. If anyone had done research when it came to graphical improvements generation over generation they would see that this gen to next gen would be the least improvement we've had. Its just how it is with hardware diminishing returns.

I think the graphics look great right now. Do I wish they were better, of course. They will steadily improve as the generation goes on.

I would also take M25 next-gen over Madden 06 any day. Those shots are grainy and dull imo.

And yes, APF looks great close up. But like you said, its a jaggy fest in motion. At least on PS3.

I think we will see that next-gen madden will keep its graphic fidelity much better in motion than any previous football game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »