Home

CFM question - multiple teams

This is a discussion on CFM question - multiple teams within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2013, 03:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
CFM question - multiple teams

Hey all I just started my Connected Career (OFFLINE). My main team is Rams so I am Owner mode there.

I have enjoyed in the past doing "player mode" in 12 and 13 so it's nice that I can have a "player mode" on another team during the same season.

So I have a few questions:

1) Once I have selected a player I wish to control on a team (LeSean McCoy - Eagles), is there a way to some day stop controlling him on that team? Lets say they draft a great QB and I decide I want to be that player instead??? Or I'm a coach mode of Jaguars, but they get a player I want to portray, or the coach is fired, and goes to another team, but I really don't want to be a coach on that other team etc.....?

So is there a way to remove a particular role from the player-controlled, so that you can control a different person on that team?

2) What happens if coach of Jags that I control is fired, and hired by Philadelphia, that I have a player on (LeSean) already?

Basically I want to know that if I start any particular career that I'm locked into it for the duration of that person's career or what? (short of retiring him early, I wouldn't want to force LeSean to Retire at age 29 just cuz I'm tired of controlling him....)

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: CFM question - multiple teams

Does anyone have any experience and insight to provide on these questions?

Thanks
Robert
Old 10-01-2013, 03:39 PM   #3
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

I have never tried this with an existing player but I know when you go into "Manage Roster" and "Retire Player" he's gone. I assume it is the same for current players.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:44 PM   #4
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
I have never tried this with an existing player but I know when you go into "Manage Roster" and "Retire Player" he's gone. I assume it is the same for current players.
I've been curious about that too. My question would be more along the lines of, is their any way to discontinue my control of a character without retiring them? (They return to CPU control)
Old 10-01-2013, 05:11 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
I've been curious about that too. My question would be more along the lines of, is their any way to discontinue my control of a character without retiring them? (They return to CPU control)

THIS! Yes this is exactly what I'm wanting to know - and how to do so.

If I'm controlling a player that I am enjoying and he goes to another team and I'm not a fan of that scheme or he's not the starter - I would like to be able to "cancel" my control of him (revert back to CPU controlled) without having to retire him from the NFL.

And if not - then if I'm an owner and no longer wish to be owner do I have to "retire" the owner - meaning effectively Dan Snyder, or Jerry Jones are simply gone from the NFL (in the video-game of course)

Also as I asked previously what happens if a player controlled person winds up on a team with another player controlled person?

Finally what happens in the DRAFT if there are multiple teams being "owned"; does the draft go one time and all real world players have to be present? Or does only one team get to do the draft and the other "owned" teams are set to CPU controlled to make their picks?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »