Home

Next Gen M25 Game Play Trailers Vs Next Gen M25 Game Play

This is a discussion on Next Gen M25 Game Play Trailers Vs Next Gen M25 Game Play within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2013, 01:29 PM   #9
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Next Gen M25 Game Play Trailers Vs Next Gen M25 Game Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicVirtue
I remember watching one of their Motion Capture videos some time ago, and they had the QB (Not an actual QB at all) shuffle backwards and forwards the exact same way in these most recent Maddens. Even the QB avoidance moves, the way he did them was exactly the way it is in the game. I blame the people doing the mo-cap just as much as the people in charge of putting them in the game.
Yeah the mocap direction has proved to be bad. What these guys allow to be in the game just shows bad judgement. I really don't think they care how the game looks, as long as they get it running and done. Some of the animations just boggle my mind of how off they are from NFL athletes.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 10-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

Their animation engine is atrocious, always has been. There is nothing wrong with gameplay based around animations, as long as they're done right. See APF and 2K5 for glorious animations. Great physics would be ideal, but I definitely don't feel like physics based gameplay is a must yet.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA!
Old 10-01-2013, 02:37 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 16

At this point, I really wish EA would clean house and fire everyone at Tiburon. I'd rather a new batch of Developers and programmers take over and code Madden from scratch rather then continuing along the same tired path.

As you can see clearly, there is no improvement in regards to player animations, tackling, or atmosphere. With the PS4 and XBOX ONE launching soon, there should be no reason for anyone to say " Mmmmm.....Well I believe ESPN2k5 or Backbreaker does this better". Those games were on inferior hardware!!!!Those games shouldn't even be in one's thought process when it comes to Madden 25 on Next Gen.

Where's the player specific running animations?
Where's Authentic QB drop back?
Where's the mouthpieces? (Marshwn Lynch)

Why am I still asking for these things in the year 2014?????? WHY?????

Remember when Cam Weber said the Tiburon team learned from their mistakes when launching Madden 06 for XBOX 360? What mistakes did they learn from because I can clearly see not much has changed....

Last edited by djordan; 10-01-2013 at 02:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2013, 02:40 PM   #12
Banned

Scary fact: we are entering the second generation of gaming in a row with only one NFL game on the market.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:42 PM   #13
Banned

tfer717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloJello
Scary fact: we are entering the second generation of gaming in a row with only one NFL game on the market.

scary fact: a game from 2 generations ago still offers a better football experience
Old 10-01-2013, 02:58 PM   #14
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
(NOTE*- In this ESPN MNF video EA has stated that the video was not encoded properly by ESPN causing the video to be of low quality. At the time of this posting neither EA nor ESPN had replaced this video with one properly encoded for higher quality.)
I refuse to believe that Dolphins-Saints video was next gen because it looked and played just like my PS3 version. The animations, player movements, players falling down all over was the same (and poorly done). Those are all things I expected HUGE improvements in. If that is what I have to look forward to on the PS4 then I won't be buying a PS4 until Uncharted 4 comes out. I see no reason to upgrade for Madden.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:03 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I refuse to believe that Dolphins-Saints video was next gen because it looked and played just like my PS3 version.
Sorry, it's been CONFIRMED. Those nasty animations. That hideous frog splash. Next gen, baby! Lol

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2013, 03:06 PM   #16
Banned

tfer717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloJello
Sorry, it's been CONFIRMED. Those nasty animations. That hideous frog splash. Next gen, baby! Lol

one thing for that to be in the game... but why would tiburon show that in the trailer? do they want their game to look like nfl blitz? they are clueless.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »