Home

Next Gen M25 Game Play Trailers Vs Next Gen M25 Game Play

This is a discussion on Next Gen M25 Game Play Trailers Vs Next Gen M25 Game Play within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2013, 03:48 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Next Gen M25 Game Play Trailers Vs Next Gen M25 Game Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Your thread was closed because it was clearly posted with an apparent agenda against EA in mind which you made abundantly clear.

I showed you the part of the TOS you violated. You were posting as if you had facts well before it was confirmed to continue on with your agenda.

That being said. I will not be re-opening your thread but I will certainly apologize for incorrectly calling you out on claiming the video to be false. That was clearly my error and for that, I apologize.
I appreciate it and understand.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2013, 03:50 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfer717
i, too, was wondering why that was closed. I could tell right away that the saints vs dolphins video was different than current gen... but that didn't mean it was a good thing. I don't understand why everyone is so quick to believe what ea says.
Threads like that get closed because the last thing this forum needs is another "The Sky is Falling" thread...You guys that complain all the time need to meet at a coffee house and start a Madden support group cause yall waste entirely too much time h8ating and complaining...We heard yall the first 730 times yall made complaints...Now its time to move on...Everybody knows that its not animated properly or the graphics are not great enough or the player movement is weird...I think we get it...at least I do

For the record..I used to be a habitual madden complainer but at some point you have to find a way to just accept what you have and find a way to enjoy or or just break up and move on...if thats possible...But for some as I noted before I think yall just love complaining and picking things apart...That becomes your identity.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:09 PM   #27
Banned

tfer717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
Threads like that get closed because the last thing this forum needs is another "The Sky is Falling" thread...You guys that complain all the time need to meet at a coffee house and start a Madden support group cause yall waste entirely too much time h8ating and complaining...We heard yall the first 730 times yall made complaints...Now its time to move on...Everybody knows that its not animated properly or the graphics are not great enough or the player movement is weird...I think we get it...at least I do

For the record..I used to be a habitual madden complainer but at some point you have to find a way to just accept what you have and find a way to enjoy or or just break up and move on...if thats possible...But for some as I noted before I think yall just love complaining and picking things apart...That becomes your identity.
no it's called the free market. If a company is making a product that I, or anyone else doesn't like... we can complain all we want. We aren't breaking an OS rules. Most of our complaints are constructive. But after a day like yesterday when we saw both ends of the spectrum in regards to next gen (nba 2k and madden).. we have a right to complain or at least point of problems.

If you don't want to complain.. fine. If you are happy with madden now... good for you. You don't have to post in threads that are trying to criticize things about the game.

EA's track record speaks for itself. They set the bar high with marketing ploys and strategies. Then they continually lower it up until release date.. Then it comes out and the "next year we will be more prepared" talk starts. It's a cycle that desperately needs to be broken... and I'm optimistic that after the nba 2k trailer yesterday... people will start to see the chinks in EA's armor that us hardcore players have seen for years.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:22 PM   #28
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5

Woah woah woah woah , im honestly shocked , i didnt have any good expectations towards next gen madden 25 , but this is beyond ridiculous in my eyes, that gameplay video you linked where they are using vikings against skins in training arena or whatever just shocked me , the running game and animations actually look WORSE than current gen , i know this is not the final version , but come on guys , when was the last time early gameplay footage and actual released game was different in terms of physics and such ? Exactly , things like that dont get fixed/changed in few months and now turn in that video and look
1. 1:11 - 1:25 just look at the change of directions by the running back, its so unnatural that it actually looks like madden 04 or 05 or something , AP just instantly turns his whole body one direction or the other without any realism to it whatsoever and at the end of the play we have our good old canny animations .
2. 1:27 - 1:35 we can see that again and at the end we see another canny animation , in fact this same animation is in current gen madden 25 , ball carrier gets tackled from the front and both players involved in the play go backwards for whatever reasons.
As i already mentioned i didnt expect much of anything from next gen 25 , but i just have no words for this , also dont wanna sound like EA basher or anything , but i just feel sad , every year we get all those promises about new physics , great new animations , foot planting and whatever but at the end of the day its OLD product with some minor , sometimes bigger improvements and this is why i dont see madden succeeding as a sports sim tittle if they dont start it from scratch .

Sorry for wall of text but this was just painful to watch.

Last edited by lisinas; 10-01-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
here we go...another Madden H8er thread...For the life of me I don't understand why people waste their time H8ating...If its not your cup of tea and you don't like the game...Don't buy it or play it...But complaining about the same stuff over and over in different threads isn't changing anything.

personally I have my issues with Madden but I accept the game for what it is and have found a way to enjoy the great stuff that it offers...When will many of you learn that Madden IS...what it IS...Every year many of you create unrealistic expectations that don't factor in time, budget and necessity...Then when Madden does madden yall get butt hurt...I used to be like that but after many years of realizing that despite all the changes I would like to see there is still alot going on that I like and that allows me to enjoy the game.

Now on a final note...I thinl many of you just enjoy complaining...and particularly about EA...Its time to move on guys.

...................but if 2k had the NFL license they'd be making the perfect football game. because allpro 2k8 was better than madden 13. nba2k showed us 5 seconds of pure greatness even though paul gasol looked black in a still shot we know they'll get it fixed. EA hasn't improved their game play in 10 years....

Swag don't waste your time. 2k is the White Knight to many posters on this board. Regardless of the fact that NBA 2k has numerous bugs and glitches every year as well as NFL 2k. Ppl always will gravitate back to their preference and hold animosity against the company who took away their "right" as american to choose their annual football game. Another poster said it best, why try to convince anyone to like or dislike the videos or pictures posted. just say what you like or dont like and ignore the hate or admiration.

On the OP:
I don't know what to think honestly. The video of dolphins v. saints was disappointing. The trailer was amazing. Ppl are saying that without a doubt it's next gen. Some ppl are saying it wasn't. Only time will tell. regardless it will not effect my pre-order.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:38 PM   #30
Banned

dallas fan's Arena

OVR: 2

EA is not going to change Madden and never will. Why would they? They have the consumer in a corner with nowhere else to turn for football, any football! Now that NCAA is cancelled there wont even be an escape from the same old Madden every year. I don't know if the hardware for the consoles had changed from what the early videos of RG3 and AP running was but something definitely caused EA to put out a different product from what we saw early. OR the first batch of videos were complete CGI even though they said "actual gameplay". Something obviously changed because the MNF video was a carbon copy of current gen Madden. I guess the only way to see what is what is to wait for some sort of actual gameplay in motion but right now it looks dubious at best.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:38 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:

No one should have to "accept" that a game company:

A) Purchases the NFL License exclusivity, eliminating choice and competition within the marketplace. (It was a sale, not an auction. The NFL financial advisors knew which company had the money to walk away with the rights. It was an "auction" to try and stay face. Nothing more.)

B) Continually puts out a product with minimal effort from year to year.

C) Removes features every few years, only to add them back in later down the line as new.

D) Refuses to fix legacy issues. (No WR/DB interactions, no halftime or post-game show, sliding, warping, horrid animations, glitches, etc etc etc)

E) Touts their game every year as being more real and true to the NFL than the year before, when 2K5 and APF 2K8 still offers a better gameplay and presentation engine.

No, I'm not going to settle or accept these truths. To make something better, it needs to be challenged. If not by another competitor in the marketplace, then by us - the consumers. Calling a spade a spade and challenging the status quo is the only option we have left to improve this franchise.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2013, 04:44 PM   #32
Banned

tfer717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloJello
No one should have to "accept" that a game company:

A) Purchases the NFL License exclusivity, eliminating choice and competition within the marketplace. (It was a sale, not an auction. The NFL financial advisors knew which company had the money to walk away with the rights. It was an "auction" to try and stay face. Nothing more.)

B) Continually puts out a product with minimal effort from year to year.

C) Removes features every few years, only to add them back in later down the line as new.

D) Refuses to fix legacy issues. (No WR/DB interactions, no halftime or post-game show, sliding, warping, horrid animations, glitches, etc etc etc)

E) Touts their game every year as being more real and true to the NFL than the year before, when 2K5 and APF 2K8 still offers a better gameplay and presentation engine.

No, I'm not going to settle or accept these truths. To make something better, it needs to be challenged. If not by another competitor in the marketplace, then by us - the consumers. Calling a spade a spade and challenging the status quo is the only option we have left to improve this franchise.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA!

what bothers me the most is that the hope of next gen has gotten me thru the last 2 years of very mediocre games. It's a real shame. I don't wanna hear the "oh its an early build"...etc. etc. This is NEXT GEN. it should grab us right away. Even Madden 06 grabbed me with more attention. When i first saw the 2k trailer I got goosebumps.. When I saw the madden vids... i got angry.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »