Home

Next-Gen Madden NFL 25 Twitter Q&A w/ Art Director Jean Adams & Producer Seann Graddy

This is a discussion on Next-Gen Madden NFL 25 Twitter Q&A w/ Art Director Jean Adams & Producer Seann Graddy within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-03-2013, 05:56 PM   #161
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Twitter Chat w/ Art Director Jean Adams and Producer Seann Graddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFL_GREAT
Oh, I KNOW they can be stopped, and HOW to do it, but a great corner shouldn't get beat every single time, on a simple curl route, against a 4th WR. I shouldn't HAVE to make those pre snap adjustments with a 99 rated corner to stop a simple curl. In fact, if you have a Sherman or Revis, he's the ONE guy I SHOULDN'T have to make adjustments for.
I don't necessarily disagree with you but a DB often makes a READ based on down/distance, situation or a formation...so I personally want to have control on making my DB play the slant route or the hook/curl...I also want them to have intuitive intelligence too but being able t manually take away the slant, out or curl IMO is far more satisfying than just sitting back and expecting my 99 rated DB to make every play no matter what.

Now that being said...my issue is more with how ineffective some of the coverages are...Not the DB's or defenders but how EA programs the implementation of a cover 2 or a LB playing zone over the middle of the field.

I guess I'm a dude that likes manual control and the ability to make my own adjustments so I appreciate EA giving me the tools to do so...Can it be done better?...I think so and am I 100% happy?...No...But to hear people talk about curl routes being impossible to stop is just grossly inaccurate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #162
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
I don't necessarily disagree with you but a DB often makes a READ based on down/distance, situation or a formation...so I personally want to have control on making my DB play the slant route or the hook/curl...I also want them to have intuitive intelligence too but being able t manually take away the slant, out or curl IMO is far more satisfying than just sitting back and expecting my 99 rated DB to make every play no matter what.

Now that being said...my issue is more with how ineffective some of the coverages are...Not the DB's or defenders but how EA programs the implementation of a cover 2 or a LB playing zone over the middle of the field.

I guess I'm a dude that likes manual control and the ability to make my own adjustments so I appreciate EA giving me the tools to do so...Can it be done better?...I think so and am I 100% happy?...No...But to hear people talk about curl routes being impossible to stop is just grossly inaccurate.

We are in 100% agreement on being able to manually make adjustments to stop anything as a coach/player. I never stAted otherwise. I'm simply stating at what point do ratings mAtter, or even individuality of plAyers if ANY WR can beat ANY and every CB unless you make manuAl adjustments? So the offense runs no huddle, hurries to the LOS, you know he's throwing a corner route to the slot WR to the wide side of the field, so you go thru the manual adjustments to contain the corner route, he quick snaps and hits the curl against an "elite" CB 100% of the time.

I'm all about manually making adjustments And plays but the defense is always at a disadvantage as it is. A CB like Sherman and Revis should REACT on a route
Much quicker because of their ratings and the elite players that they Are. What is the point of plAyer rAtings at all? If mediocre CBs can be made to stop the curl, and elite CBs need the same manual adjustments to stop basic routes like a curl, what is the difference in the players?

That's just the CB position. Every QB is deadly accurate, a 3rd string LT blocks as good as a pro bowl tackle, and the list goes on. Again, I'm all for manual adjustments pre play to counter the offense, and clicking on to make plays manually during the play. That's not the point. If realism is to be achieved Sherman should not get beAt 100% of the time simply because he's in base man coverage. If I haver bring up my 4th CB in press coverage, disguise coverage, shade him in or out, yet I HAVE to do those same things with the elite, pro bowl CB, what's the difference in the player? What does the man coverage rating do? The play recognition rating? The awareness rating?
Old 10-03-2013, 11:51 PM   #163
Rookie

OVR: 8
1. Will there be any new pentalties in the game?
2. Will they have all and new accessories in right places? ExForearm bands, Elbow tape)
3. Will there be custom cameras?
Old 10-04-2013, 02:13 PM   #164
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFL_GREAT
We are in 100% agreement on being able to manually make adjustments to stop anything as a coach/player. I never stAted otherwise. I'm simply stating at what point do ratings mAtter, or even individuality of plAyers if ANY WR can beat ANY and every CB unless you make manuAl adjustments? So the offense runs no huddle, hurries to the LOS, you know he's throwing a corner route to the slot WR to the wide side of the field, so you go thru the manual adjustments to contain the corner route, he quick snaps and hits the curl against an "elite" CB 100% of the time.

I'm all about manually making adjustments And plays but the defense is always at a disadvantage as it is. A CB like Sherman and Revis should REACT on a route
Much quicker because of their ratings and the elite players that they Are. What is the point of plAyer rAtings at all? If mediocre CBs can be made to stop the curl, and elite CBs need the same manual adjustments to stop basic routes like a curl, what is the difference in the players?

That's just the CB position. Every QB is deadly accurate, a 3rd string LT blocks as good as a pro bowl tackle, and the list goes on. Again, I'm all for manual adjustments pre play to counter the offense, and clicking on to make plays manually during the play. That's not the point. If realism is to be achieved Sherman should not get beAt 100% of the time simply because he's in base man coverage. If I haver bring up my 4th CB in press coverage, disguise coverage, shade him in or out, yet I HAVE to do those same things with the elite, pro bowl CB, what's the difference in the player? What does the man coverage rating do? The play recognition rating? The awareness rating?
I agree with you and you are absolutely right on QB accuracy. I usually play H2H online on All-Madden...For a small moment me and a few friends felt like playing on All-Pro made the QB's less accurate.

Hear is the deal though...If they made passing as difficult as it should be you and I would love it but the masses would complain like a mofo. I'd like to see more emphasis placed on the pocket, positioning of the QB's feet and vision. Unfortunately I never see this happening because even the guys who claim they are sim will cry bloody murder if real-life dynamics were part of the passing equation.

I personally was a fan of the vision cone and my thing was take away the beam of light and simply keep everything else that made the vision cone great. See IMO that dang beam of light was the savior for players who really didn't want realism in passing...Just my .02

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »