Home

Funny/Strange events

This is a discussion on Funny/Strange events within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2013, 09:31 PM   #1
Rookie

ruttentud's Arena

OVR: 0
Funny/Strange events

0:05 left on the clock, I'm down by 4 and around mid-field. I run Verts Y-Shake and I see they're blitzing their SS, so I just watch that route and see he's completely open and has an open lane to score. I throw a bullet to him and he's watching the ball, ready for the catch. But wait! Out of nowhere comes a different receiver and makes a crazy diving catch at full sprint, gets touched and clock is out. Game over.

A wildly ridiculous occurrence that I've never seen before. I've seen other receivers try to catch a ball if the throw is way off, but not deliberately cut a route to steal it. I laughed.

What funny/weird things have you seen while playing?

And yes, I definitely hit the right button for the receiver.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2013, 12:24 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Funny/Strange events

Oh my god, some nobody receiver on my team did that once to Dez Bryant, on what would have been the game-winning Hail Mary no less.

I toss the hail mary, Dez is completely open, no defender around him, standing in the front of the end zone. Some receiver that was supposed to be running a Go route up the left sideline suddenly cuts across the field and FLYS in front of Dez attempting to make the catch. He drops it, effectively batting down the pass that would have been a TD.

Had me fuming at first, then I couldn't stop laughing after watching the replay several times. It was so ridiculously bad.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:27 AM   #3
Rookie

In Madden 13, on 4th and goal, I also had a WR do the "sideline" catch where they catch the pass and fall over, trying to keep their feet in bounds.

Except he did it in the middle of the field on the 1-yard line, with no defender around him. A defender ran over and touched him down, turnover, lost the game.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:31 AM   #4
MVP

BrianM207's Arena

OVR: 3

Although not as bad as missing out on a TD...

Playing the Rams, I handed the ball of to Demarco Murray..he picks up a first down and then some...he had Rams defenders literally hanging off of him(one from his ankle and one on his back-no joke-best animation Ive ever seen)...he never went down, never stopped forward motion and the whistle blew and the play was over...he was still moving forward and never went down...very bizarre
Old 10-02-2013, 01:18 PM   #5
Rookie

Well, i had to make a video out of this. Images talk louder than words..

youtube.com/watch?v=qf5KvHYW44k
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2013, 01:28 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard151

Haha, that playside CB is like "What da fuuuuuuuuuu?"
Old 10-02-2013, 01:43 PM   #7
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

I had something cool happen on Madden 13 that I am still playing back in the Spring with a similar situation. I was losing to the panthers by 4 points. Had the ball on my own 40 with around 8 seconds left. I was in season 2 and had drafted a receiver in the first round (Corey Gooden). I dropped back and rolled out left with Romo, and unloaded an absolute rocket. Gooden had a step on the corner, but as the ball got closer to coming down, I was like nooooooo!! it looked like the ball was going to go just over his head and fall incomplete. All the sudden, out of nowhere, my slot receiver Raymond Radway comes flying in from the right hand side of the screen, jumps in the air (he has about 3" on gooden and has a higher jump rating) snags the pass right in front of Gooden, and then races into the end zone for the touchdown! Just as the corner was going to tackle him, he ran into Corey Gooden and fell to the ground. It was almost like a Hail Mary pick play, it was insane!

Old 10-02-2013, 05:26 PM   #8
Rookie

ruttentud's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard151

I've had that happen a couple times too! Best play action ever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »