Home

CPU dynamic AI adjustments

This is a discussion on CPU dynamic AI adjustments within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-03-2013, 10:06 AM   #9
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: CPU dynamic AI adjustments

I wouldn't go so far as to call it dynamic. More like stagnant. I'd guess there is a simple points behind/time remaining formula that kicks in. I think there's a "check" in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters.

As for rubber band AI, I haven't really seen that against me in years. The CPU is incapable of consistently beating zone coverage and, once I'm ahead, that's all I play. Last night my Raiders (missing 11 starters due to injury, mind you) faced the Broncos in my personal CFM. I called 3-4 Cover 4 zone every play of the entire game vs Manning. I pinch the safeties and manually play the FS in a yellow. This gives me 3 deep, 3 yellow, 2 purple, and 3 DL. The result? 4 sacks, 5 picks, blow out win.

I mean, seriously, you know the CPU is gonna pass almost every down once they're behind by 14 or so. Just sit back, wait, and make them work down the field keeping it all in front of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 10-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #10
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: CPU dynamic AI adjustments

AI is where they need to make the biggest improvement in next gen for me.. the worst part about the difficulty of playing the CPU is the horrible horrible horrible play calling and the inability to adjust to what you do. If you happen to change your play call a lot the CPU may catch you but it isn't like they did anything different. Like the poster above said, if you called the same play over and over the CPU wouldn't adjust. You already know on 3rd and long the screen or 4 verts is coming every time (moreso in NCAA)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »