Home

Old 10-02-2013, 07:13 PM   #1
MVP

BrianM207's Arena

OVR: 3
XP ponts

So maybe its just me but are the XP points easier to get this year??? I'm in week 8 and went to upgrade my players(mind you I upgraded in week 4 as well)and more than half my team had over 10,000! I'm 6-2 but I havent had any big blow out games(except for 1)they've all been close and relatively low scoring(20's)and stats havent been high at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #2
Rookie

ruttentud's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: XP ponts

Are you doing practice? That'll do it.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:48 PM   #3
MVP

BrianM207's Arena

Indeed I am....good call sir, good call
Old 10-02-2013, 08:55 PM   #4
Rookie

2K per successful practice.
1K per failed practice.

17K for failing practice every week of the regular season.
34K for winning practice every week of the regular season.

That doesn't even include preseason (and post-season?).

All your players will be superstar in no time.

I really don't think they expect many people to play (and practice) for more than 2-3 years in a single franchise / CFM.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:58 AM   #5
MVP

BrianM207's Arena

I guess I didnt realize practice affected em that much. I mean I see the 1k/2k thing every week but it never clicked in my head haha. But yeah I have the clutch trait and big hitter trait for almost everyone now so i guess you can really improve your team with some "hard work"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #6
Rookie

I finally got into playing my online CFM and I think getting XP is harder this year. Yes, the practice XP is more, but it's only 500xp more than what you'd get every week last year anyways. But the XP for game and milestone goals is drastically less.
Last year young players, even with normal development, could get 700-1000xp per each goal. Now I have rookies with goals of 127, 382, 127xp respectively. They can't even earn as much XP for reaching all 3 goals as they could for a single goal last year. And the milestones seem a lot less as well. Last year if you had a huge game with a rookie WR you could realistically earn 50k in 1 game.

Some of the upgrades start out way cheaper so you can improve poor players a lot quicker. But the cost jumps quite a bit once you hit a certain threshold. For example I saw the cost of an upgrade more than double from one attribute point to the next, i.e. 74->75 = ~2200 then 75->76 = ~4600xp.

I'd be interested in hearing from somebody who's actually played out 3-4 season and done all practices/upgrades to see what user teams are actually like.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:39 AM   #7
MVP

BrianM207's Arena

I honestly forget how much everything was worth last year....i just noticed it seemed like a lot more this year...

Im only about 3/4 of the way thru my 1st season and I do every practice(generally losing..d'oh!)but my guys have all received significant upgrades...and yes, I think things are starting out cheaper this year
Old 10-03-2013, 03:19 PM   #8
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

well, here is my experience with it of late. played a 16 game season. went 12-4. I took a bunch of scrubs, put them in Arizona, and dumped every good player but Peterson. I had really ridiculous stats, but even with great sliders, this was as close as it could get, anyway, I did 8 practices

my QB: started as an 81 under strong arm(tyler bray), finished as a 90 after winning MVP, QBOTY, Pro Bowl, OROY
my WR started as a 78, had 100-1500-15, finished at an 86

the problem I saw, was even with the limited(8) practices, I had an avg of plus 8-10 points overall per player, and that includes my backups

basically, I would practice....about 4 times a season, no more, if I wanted realism.

I accidently made my 3rd string QB an 83 overall(Ryan Lindley) and he ended up starting, and ruining a franchise because he flat out sucked(54 yards per game in simulation, smh)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »