Home

What is it with some of these kids online?

This is a discussion on What is it with some of these kids online? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2013, 07:44 PM   #9
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: What is it with some of these kids online?

Easy answer: There's a preference setting somewhere in the system settings (not within the game) that allows you to set mic sound to only come through the mic. Set it to headphones and don't plug them up. This was what I did when I used to play ranked online games. Scream all you want, I wasn;t hearing nothing. Option B would be to connect your head set, turn the volume down, and set it in the floor.

To the larger question, this is the result of parents letting video games, the internet, and cell phones babysit their kids.

The funny answer, imo, is.....You know all those idiotic, stupid, immature friends of yours? Yeah, they had kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 10-04-2013, 02:23 AM   #10
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What is it with some of these kids online?

Probably one of many reasons why I don't play football online.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:32 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Earth Blues

I bring this up because consistently I am seeing a culture online that values "the easy way" over "the right way." Kids online prefer exploits and unrealistic play to a more realistic, sim style.
Aside from the verbal abuse portion, who decides what's the "right way" to play a game? I mean I understand if you're part of a community that has agreed upon sim rules and somebody ignores them complaining about that. But seriously what type of arrogance does it take to tell somebody how they should play a video game just because it's not how you would play it? I think that's the immaturity and lack of values right there; expecting others to take care of your gaming experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2013, 11:36 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampking101
The above post is 100% correct. It is just the culture we live in nowadays. The kids who do this are only the byproduct of the same people our age (speaking as a 24 year old) or older that reward the younger generation for behavoir like this. You can do anything to anyone nowadays living behind the protection of the Internet.

Now enough about that aspect of it.

The reason you see this so much from COD and Madden and other games of the sort are that the games are made with the arcadey put all your time into this game finding the exploits (money plays, camping, ect.) and you can win every time. All this is, is a product of sore losers and sore winners. Had he won you probably would have got a message saying some derogatory thing about your mother.

Sadly until Madden starts to move away from the arcade audience and making it so anybody can win with money plays, nano blitzes, and cheese tactics. You will continue to get the same type of people and the same type of reactions when you win AND lose.

This is why the only time I play online is when I have my tv on mute, music on, and expect a cheap game where I try to see if I can beat the cheesers by playing in a simulation type manner (punting on 4th, no nanos, etc) and get surprised and happy when I actually face a decent player who plays realistically.
except camping is less rewarding in CoD then abusing exploits, glitches, nano's, etc... are in Madden
Old 10-04-2013, 12:07 PM   #13
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
Easy answer: There's a preference setting somewhere in the system settings (not within the game) that allows you to set mic sound to only come through the mic. Set it to headphones and don't plug them up. This was what I did when I used to play ranked online games. Scream all you want, I wasn;t hearing nothing. Option B would be to connect your head set, turn the volume down, and set it in the floor.

To the larger question, this is the result of parents letting video games, the internet, and cell phones babysit their kids.

The funny answer, imo, is.....You know all those idiotic, stupid, immature friends of yours? Yeah, they had kids.
On XBox it is 10 times easier than that. Just open the guide, go to "Party Chat" and "Start Party." You'll be in one all by yourself on a different audio channel.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #14
Rookie

troy184's Arena

OVR: 2

I think the OP was cheesing by not scoring the touchdown
Old 10-04-2013, 01:42 PM   #15
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy184
I think the OP was cheesing by not scoring the touchdown
I hope you are joking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2013, 01:50 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 12

Playing online has been a completely enjoyable experience for me because I have a deep friends list of guys who keep it real and even when I do play a random dude I really don't care if they quit or act fool...I just play my game and to be honest I've seen a few jerks but this year more than most most of the guys I play randomly play pretty straight up even if they end up quitting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »