Home

What is it with some of these kids online?

This is a discussion on What is it with some of these kids online? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: What is it with some of these kids online?

I'm an avid online guy who only plays Madden online H2H...here is my advice...Try to find about 5-10 friends that you know who you can play online and stick with that for your steady diet of decent sim games...I have one particular friend and we play 2-3 games a night. We are both mature adults and keep it real...we switch teams..play real NFL matchups and we end up having a good time on the game. hell, we even practice online together just to try and improve different aspects of our game. Then if you decide to play a random dude online...Hope for a sim experience but expect to get the opposite and simply don't take it all that serious and don't be afraid to pull your own plug and quit the game if your not having fun.

I have not a care in the world about my disconnection % which I think is around 20% or so...I don't care about rank and I generally play for fun and enjoyment. If someone is acting a fool on the game and I'm not in the mood to deal with it...I quit and move on. Once you disinvest in rank and all that you are in a place just to enjoy the game...A cold one in the man cavern with some good Madden is more than enough to be happy about.

Last edited by dat swag; 10-07-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2013, 03:08 PM   #42
Rookie

Soprano00's Arena

OVR: 1

Even though I like to play sim, I realize this is a videogame, people are supposed to have fun, and everyone has fun in different ways. Expecting people to punt or play sim is like expdcting people to drive according the laws in GTA beacuse it's "sim". Well, life is "sim", GTA and Madden arent
Old 10-07-2013, 04:07 PM   #43
Rookie

Nate.Walton1's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy184
How many times do you see an NFL player fall down to avoid scoring a touchdown to run a couple more minutes off the clock? Never with a tie game. OP calls someone a cheeser while he cheeses himself.
Peyton Manning has done this before. Celebrated as one of the most cerebral quarterbacks of all time... So yeah.... this not only does happen, but happens by the best of 'em. IMHO.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:12 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPZ187
MJD did it in a tie game between the Jets and Jags back in 2009 I believe. This most definitely happens in the NFL.....only an idiot would want to score a TD in a tie game and give their opponent a chance to get the ball back late in the game instead of just kneeling the ball, run the clock out and kick a 24 yrd FG with time expiring.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSmerg
Not to be a debbie downer but this topic has come up since online Madden went live back in the day no?

I agree that there has been some effort to lower the fromage factor in the games.

IMO the only solution to this, shy of a police state like gaming experience is moderated game lobbies (the minority) and keep like 80-ish percent the way it is. The 'why isn't this happening part' though is kinda bewildering in that this idea wouldn't even cost a lot on the EA/Tib/NFL side...some extra lobbies with some not overly complicated coding, volunteer room moderators [to start off].

A couple of moderated rooms to start, clearly stated rules on what constitutes cheesing/unacceptable room and game behaviour, what doesn't, an appeal system and a graduated 3 strike rule. Max penalty, banned from the moderated lobbies, feel free to play/cheese/troll the public lobbies, your actions have made you not welcome to this part of the game, please come again.

Still scratch my head why this hasn't been at least tried. Would revolutionize all of EAS' online experience in my estimation. Hell, you could have co-sponsored contests to become the Under Armor EA Sports Madden 29 online game moderator. Practically sells itself.
It's a noble idea to be sure. I'm sure most of the strikes would be based on feedback from other gamers, etc. The problem with the feedback is how do you prove it. There are too many sore losers, that think they are playing sim and should win every game because of it. I've had plenty of good sim games, and then get a crappy PSN message after the game from some butthurt opponent that thinks just because he plays sim he should win. Playing sim, does not make someone a good sport, and you would likely end up with more cheesers in those rooms due to they are the quickest to cry to moderators so they can beat you to the punch.

Now, I may be missing something for how the moderation should work, but if it is with rules limiting hot routes, audibles, etc to a certain percentage than I think that takes some of the realism out of the game.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:21 PM   #45
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: What is it with some of these kids online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru03
i'm a young guy who cheeses; but i play with class. i don't go around and make insults towards others though
I probably would not enjoy playing you but at least I can respect your honesty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »