Home

(IDigitalTimes) EA Sports Previews Madden NFL 25 At NYC Event

This is a discussion on (IDigitalTimes) EA Sports Previews Madden NFL 25 At NYC Event within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2013, 09:30 PM   #25
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: (IDigitalTimes) EA Sports Previews Madden NFL 25 At NYC Event

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
So guys...find your happy/content zone for Madden and learn to enjoy it...Or move on because all your gripes and complaints are falling on deaf ears. Even if their sales decline Madden still makes more than enough money to ignore you.
And you know this how? Are you sitting in with the decision makers and higher ups at EA Sports and EA corporate?

Not only are sales down this year, the next gen game doesn't look revolutionary and will likely not be a blockbuster, and even if it is the adopt rate for next gen systems isn't a very high percentage. Mostly hardcore gamers will get next gen systems right away.

Not only have they lost millions of sales from the PS2 days, they have failed to convert buyers of other football games even with though they have the only NFL game available to buy.

If the game was great, they would have captured the whole Madden market and the 2K buyer market, and even MORE of the casual fan they so covet. Many people don't feel the need to buy the game every year, they're content with every other or third year. If the product was better and made more strides year by year they would get more sales from those folks too.

I don't know how much they're paying for the license and how much profit they're making, and I seriously doubt you do either. I do know though if Madden sells 500 copies of Madden 15 SOMETHING will happen!

In the meantime you're free to enjoy the game and we are free to criticize the game and express what we want from the game. If we all just shut up the way you would like they will think all is well. Notice no one is telling you how you should react/behave about the game, love it, hate it, it's a free country, but don't tell us to just accept their overwhelming mediocrity and take it because they're making enough money to ignore us because, again, I seriously doubt you're privvy to that information. I don't see your usertag color as indicative of a representative of EA Sports or the Electronic Arts Corporation.

Now if I'm wrong and you know the margins of this game and have inside information of the corporate philosophy and direction of Madden Football I'm all ears!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2013, 09:34 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

If you are mainly a 'Play Now' or a 'MUT' player, then you will most likely love the new madden, and you most likely loved both 13 and 25.

I couldnt do anything with 13 other than light the game, case and all, on fire..., but i love m25 play now

However if you are more into connected careers get ready to be disappointed again, madden 25 cfm is currently not even playable imo and 13 wasnt either
Old 10-06-2013, 10:09 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekHupp
If you are mainly a 'Play Now' or a 'MUT' player, then you will most likely love the new madden, and you most likely loved both 13 and 25.

I couldnt do anything with 13 other than light the game, case and all, on fire..., but i love m25 play now

However if you are more into connected careers get ready to be disappointed again, madden 25 cfm is currently not even playable imo and 13 wasnt either
I wouldn't totally say unplayable; battling through slideritis and not fully feeling immersed in my Online CFM at times, its decent. Maybe because it was year 1 of CCM I definitely was more involved in my franchise and tried to be open minded to what it tried to offer different and new.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

When is the info he wrote about going to be released?
Old 10-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 4

It's too bad the author is a "causal gamer" and only "hardcore gamers" can appreciate and evaluate sports video games. I guess if you like Madden then you have no credibility. The author had a positive experience and is a fan of the Madden series. I am personally am excited about Madden (with all it's faults) and next gen can't get here soon enough. For the ppl calling this game a port. If you think any other launch next gen title is anything other than a graphically enhanced version of current gen. Then I'm sorry for you disappointment come Mid-November.

Side note I just read an atricle on gamespot pertaining to leaf physics in ACIV on PS4/XboxOne and they previously hyped a "sea engine" to create real waves. While fans of these games write it off as a "waste of development time." The ppl who actually make these games consider these "improvements" a big deal. I only say this to draw a parallel that EA and Madden aren't the only team hyping improvements that don't have a direct impact gameplay but add to a more realistic visual representation.

Last edited by dghustla; 10-07-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:54 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Sufferer
And you know this how? Are you sitting in with the decision makers and higher ups at EA Sports and EA corporate?

Not only are sales down this year, the next gen game doesn't look revolutionary and will likely not be a blockbuster, and even if it is the adopt rate for next gen systems isn't a very high percentage. Mostly hardcore gamers will get next gen systems right away.

Not only have they lost millions of sales from the PS2 days, they have failed to convert buyers of other football games even with though they have the only NFL game available to buy.

If the game was great, they would have captured the whole Madden market and the 2K buyer market, and even MORE of the casual fan they so covet. Many people don't feel the need to buy the game every year, they're content with every other or third year. If the product was better and made more strides year by year they would get more sales from those folks too.

I don't know how much they're paying for the license and how much profit they're making, and I seriously doubt you do either. I do know though if Madden sells 500 copies of Madden 15 SOMETHING will happen!

In the meantime you're free to enjoy the game and we are free to criticize the game and express what we want from the game. If we all just shut up the way you would like they will think all is well. Notice no one is telling you how you should react/behave about the game, love it, hate it, it's a free country, but don't tell us to just accept their overwhelming mediocrity and take it because they're making enough money to ignore us because, again, I seriously doubt you're privvy to that information. I don't see your usertag color as indicative of a representative of EA Sports or the Electronic Arts Corporation.

Now if I'm wrong and you know the margins of this game and have inside information of the corporate philosophy and direction of Madden Football I'm all ears!
LOL...You don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand that most of you are playing checkers while EA plays Chess...Time and experience is more valuable than "inside information"...to heck with inside information the last 8-10 years speak for themselves. Complain all year long for 10 years and look where the game is now. I don't think you will find one person who sais Madden has met their expectations through the last next gen cycle and this upcoming one. What I do think you have is a bunch of folks who have expectations that are beyond what should be expected giiven the last 10 years of history and develeopent that has occcurred in the game. Trust me that 10 years trumps inside info all day long.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:02 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
LOL...You don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand that most of you are playing checkers while EA plays Chess...Time and experience is more valuable than "inside information"...to heck with inside information the last 8-10 years speak for themselves. Complain all year long for 10 years and look where the game is now. I don't think you will find one person who sais Madden has met their expectations through the last next gen cycle and this upcoming one. What I do think you have is a bunch of folks who have expectations that are beyond what should be expected giiven the last 10 years of history and develeopent that has occcurred in the game. Trust me that 10 years trumps inside info all day long.
2nd ^THAT^
XBOX1 and PS4 are already sold out. I don't think a lot of you know, it's more people that like madden then hate it. the game is not as bad as a lot of you make it out to be. Find a good online CFM and have fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #32
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

Quote:
Ok good, so we have confirmed that you have no actual knowledge/inside information and just your opinion which you tout as fact, Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »