Home

(Press Row Hangout) Next Gen Madden Impressions

This is a discussion on (Press Row Hangout) Next Gen Madden Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2013, 12:38 AM   #41
sk
God's Son.

sk's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: (Press Row Hangout) Next Gen Madden Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
All the next gen threads/vids/ etc are a huge letdown.

This is next gen. We shouldn't be able to tell if it's a real game or a video game. (Right now, The Show accomplishes this on current gen!)

I've pretty much given in to the fact Madden won't be what we want it to be, at least not now.
I don't care if you go 500 years into the future, unless you have incredibly terrible eye sight, you will always be able to tell the difference from reality and gaming and no The Show does not look like live baseball even though it does look great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2013, 01:03 AM   #42
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisxsong
I don't care if you go 500 years into the future, unless you have incredibly terrible eye sight, you will always be able to tell the difference from reality and gaming and no The Show does not look like live baseball even though it does look great.
You're taking it too literal lol...
Old 10-06-2013, 01:15 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisxsong
You misunderstand. I was talking from a presentaton standpoint.

More specifically, camera angles.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:48 AM   #44
sk
God's Son.

sk's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
You misunderstand. I was talking from a presentaton standpoint.

More specifically, camera angles.
Oh, sorry.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:41 AM   #45
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
But then I'm reminded of 06, and how many folks said at that time, if all EA did was port the PS2/XBOX version, it would've been better.

Seems that's what they're doing here, yet we're disappointed.

Lol, I'm so confused....
They could've ported over a very popular game in 2005. And now they are porting over a very unpopular game in 2013.

I get what you are saying but I don't agree that it's hypocritical to hold the opinion that one shouldve been ported and one should not have been.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2013, 05:00 AM   #46
Banned

OVR: 12

r..maybe the sky is not falling:

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/article...-ea-sports.htm

This is from an attendee at the NYC event

"Next up was Madden NFL 25. Now as I said about FIFA 14 earlier, the current-gen version of Madden NFL 25 is good. After playing the next-gen Madden, it almost made me forget about the current game that I am playing right now. The sheer difference in look and feel is night and day. As I've discussed in previous articles, the production team of Madden put lot of work into the presentation and graphics of the upcoming version of Madden. From the details in player models, to the blades of grass coming up on the field as your player makes a hard cut, it was difficult to determine when real NFL football ended and Madden virtual football began.
RG III in Madden NFL 25 for next-gen consoles

The game that I played was last week's Monday Night Football matchup between the New Orleans Saints and Miami Dolphins. As in FIFA, Living Worlds also plays a huge part of Madden NFL 25. The New Orleans was just as rowdy as they are in real-life and as you play, the commentary from Jim Nantz and Phil Simms is almost real-time when they discuss your team's history. Injuries and things that may have happened early in the game. The gameplay is just as good as I was the Saints and in true New Orleans fashion, I threw the ball a lot ... I mean a ton of passing plays. The team played as the Saints and the Dolphins, who may have some of the fastest linebackers and defensive lineman in the league, played very fast. The movement of the players were very smooth and the way the running back in my game just cut and shifted from animation to animation was just awe-inspiring. The biggest part of Madden NFL 25 that was revealed on Thursday is something that EA Sports will roll out next week, but needless to say it will add a another dimension to the game. Check iDigitalTimes next week for word on the newest concept from EA Sports for Madden."
Old 10-06-2013, 05:16 AM   #47
Rookie

aceoye's Arena

OVR: 4

Next week as in this week?
Old 10-06-2013, 07:51 AM   #48
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Am I right in assuming it's because most people playing nowadays would button through these presentation aspects, thus they get bumped down the priority list?

Ideally would add full presentation, then allow the option for disabling a lot of it for online, to cater to that environment.
The reason most people button through it is becasue the presentation isnt very good and becomes pretty repetition. If you play a season in CCM, by the halfway point you have hear most of the pre-game analysis by Simms and Nantz. I love presentation and I even skip through this, but if it was Dynamic and talked about match-ups in that specific game, I would be more inclined to listen/watch it.

The same for the post game. If they had commentary to go with the highlights I would most definitely sit and watch it.

The Stat banners to me are the biggest waste in the game. Dont get me wrong if they are used correctly they would add to the immersion. I run for a 10 yard gain, On the top, under the score bug, it show my stats, then the stat banner comes up again to show me those same stats. Also, they should get rid of the QB has completed five straight passes in a row.

They need to show comparisons more often, drive charts, league leaders, season stats, etc on the stat banners.

As someone else said, give us the option to shut it off. A lot of us still play solo careers, it is not all HEAD to HEAD games. As much as EA thinks Madden is Call of Duty (Online wise) its not.

Last edited by jmurphy31; 10-06-2013 at 07:55 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »