Home

Hardest team to rebuild??

This is a discussion on Hardest team to rebuild?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #17
Pro

queenie.paula's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Hardest team to rebuild??

IMO none of them are hard if you are playing CFM because of the XP you can get with or without practice and if you need a QB then get pretty much any in free agency or wait til the up coming draft where you can get a good to great QB, I really hate the XP system cause you can make any crappy player into someone good or great, you shouldn't be able to make someone faster or jump higher...ETC, but that's just IMO
Old 10-08-2013, 02:03 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenie.paula
IMO none of them are hard if you are playing CFM because of the XP you can get with or without practice and if you need a QB then get pretty much any in free agency or wait til the up coming draft where you can get a good to great QB, I really hate the XP system cause you can make any crappy player into someone good or great, you shouldn't be able to make someone faster or jump higher...ETC, but that's just IMO
To be fair, what you can substantially improve through XP has significantly improved this year. The cost of increasing stats like speed and jumping ability is extremely high and comes with the disadvantage of not being able to increase other, more important stats. I've yet to spend XP on something like speed because it is simply so cost prohibitive. I agree, it seems rather silly to be able to use something like XP to increase a player's speed (or other purely physical trait) but I imagine some people like to have that control and I think EA struck a decent balance between making it too cheap to pass up and too expensive as to never be able to do it.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:40 PM   #19
Rookie

GtheQB128's Arena

id say the Jags. Nobody wants to make any trades for anyone on their roster, and its hard to build draft picks.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikedmayo
i think an underrated rebuild team is arizona

just did one season with them

carson played pretty bad then retired so im left with no qb

the offensive line is horrible
no legit rb
dont have a threat at tight end
they have larry fitz (but i traded him to a contender in the pats)
andre roberts is a free agent so you may or may not want to resign him

they dont really have any passrushers on the only notable player in the secondary is peterson, mathieu's early success in real life hasnt shown much in his madden rating
yes AZ is pretty horrid. In my Online CFM I wanted to take either them or the Rams because of course the first 2 people to pick teams took the other two NFC West teams and I wanted to show them up. But for as much as I wanted the challenge I couldn't stomach the Cardinals roster so I went with St Louis.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #21
Rookie

dmankey1's Arena

What about a good team that has a decent/good defense to work with. Offense isn't a big deal cause I can work with that through play calling but im not great at calling the D.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2013, 07:41 PM   #22
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmankey1
What about a good team that has a decent/good defense to work with. Offense isn't a big deal cause I can work with that through play calling but im not great at calling the D.
The Browns have some nice players on defense.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:03 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenie.paula
Tend to agree though I don't think XP is a bad idea. Just needs to be scaled back. 1000 max for practises if players start.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:34 PM   #24
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

The Panthers are decently hard to rebuild.

Obviously having Cam is a big help, but the rest of the team is in shambles.

Their WR position is a mess outside of Smith, who is sure to retire fairly quickly in most dynasties.

Their O-line only has LT Gross, and C Kalil as any real contributors, and Gross is on the edge of retirement like Smith.

Their LBers are good, but both Davis and Beason are injury prone.

There are no serviceable CBs to speak of.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »