Home

Hardest team to rebuild??

This is a discussion on Hardest team to rebuild?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2013, 09:07 PM   #41
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Hardest team to rebuild??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden_Rhino
How about the steelers? Old all around with little in the way of offensive weapons.

They're in the middle of a real life rebuild.

As far as Madden goes, year 1 is np since they have many highly rated defensive guys, the O line doesnt get injured every play on madden, and their running backs can actually gain yards...

The rebuild on Madden isn't as challenging, but could still be fun if you plan to do multiple seasons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2013, 04:17 AM   #42
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by beekay415
Can't decided which team to run with, thinking jags, browns, bills or idk haha
I would say Bills are a good choice or even the Jags. The Browns have lots of holes sure but they that's pretty much only on offence, they can become a contender in Madden in one offseason plenty of cap-space will let you sign good FA. I think you can at least get a capable WR and a G in FA so the only things you will then need is a QB and a HB (If you are running the update.) You can't really get any more low than the Jags, the defence is awful and needs help at every level as there aren't really any studs and the offence isn't that bad, you work your way around using a terrible offence in Madden. In the game you don't really have a good O-Line, the QBs won't get the job done, the WR are decent. Blackmon and Cecil Shorts are kinda reliable. And of course they have MJD who is pretty much the best piece on offence. Even though they are a terrible team, you can still rebuild them in about two - three years. If you trade down from a number one or two spot you can get about 3 first rounds for it and that will help immensely.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:24 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by beekay415
Found this what ya guys think?
Rather bad article, like most of this kind seem to be. Constantly mixing up real life NFL and Madden, just because a team is bad of in the NFL doesn't mean it's just as bad in Madden. How are the Jets the hardest team to rebuild in Madden? They got a mobile rookie QB, said QB has two good to very good targets to throw to in Holmes and Hill, the OL woes aren't half as important as IRL, and on defense they have 3 good starters up front, Davis is a great LB in Madden due to his high speed, Cromartie and Milliner are a great CB tandem so the only positions they really need help at is RB (easy enough to pick up free agents in Madden that do the job well enough), safety and a bit help on the pass rush (which again isn't as crucial in Madden as IRL), maybe a TE wouldn't hurt. But in general, the Jets are a very servicable team in Madden.

The Jags are by far the toughest team to rebuild, just look at their defense, there is basically no position at D where they couldn't use an upgrade.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2

Jaguars are only the hardest team to rebuild if you are Jags fan,Then you spend time build up young players that most people won't.The jags have ton cap space and one( or two) bad contracts team Jeremy Mincey( probably Gabbert as well).In the first season either don't resign or cut of most players.Unless you put some house rules Jags are probably one of the easier teams to rebuild.You keep Cyprien,Jockel,Shorts,Blackmon and Gratz maybe Hayes,Marks,Branch for a year after.

The hardest to rebuild is a older team with establish talent big contracts and irony is both of teams to come to mind are win less like the jags.Ny Giants and Steelers are harder rebuilds imo.Yes you will have more success in the first year but right after that i guarantee that Jags are better options.After the first year with Jags i normally end up with Aquil Talib,Brandon Browner,Wesley Woodard ,Desmond Bishop,Micheal Bennett,Henry Melton,Jeremy Macklin,Ben Tate,and more .You get point plus combine that with good draft class (and a pretty simple plan for first year draft QB,RE and LB/LG) and you are already in better shape than those teams and still have a good amount of cap room.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:09 PM   #45
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Panthers have virtually zero cap space... I think they are among the hardest to fix.

The Jags would be up there too though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2013, 05:13 PM   #46
Knicks/Jets/Yankees

ThatKidNamedTae's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
Rather bad article, like most of this kind seem to be. Constantly mixing up real life NFL and Madden, just because a team is bad of in the NFL doesn't mean it's just as bad in Madden. How are the Jets the hardest team to rebuild in Madden? They got a mobile rookie QB, said QB has two good to very good targets to throw to in Holmes and Hill, the OL woes aren't half as important as IRL, and on defense they have 3 good starters up front, Davis is a great LB in Madden due to his high speed, Cromartie and Milliner are a great CB tandem so the only positions they really need help at is RB (easy enough to pick up free agents in Madden that do the job well enough), safety and a bit help on the pass rush (which again isn't as crucial in Madden as IRL), maybe a TE wouldn't hurt. But in general, the Jets are a very servicable team in Madden.

The Jags are by far the toughest team to rebuild, just look at their defense, there is basically no position at D where they couldn't use an upgrade.
*Incoming Jet Fan bias and multiple Jet CCM user*

If someone chose the Jets, you are correct with your point about Geno. But he has his flaws. His accuracy is very off, he'll often overthrow receivers, but for the most part, Geno is solid. The receiving core is at the bottom half of mediocre. Santonio Holmes' health is reflected in this game and he gets shaken up alot. Stephen Hill is a tricky player. He'll have games where he looks like Megatron (those are about once every 5 games. Really depends on whose covering him) and he'll have games where he can't catch a cold (The other 13 games). And the bad games really harm his devolpment so he stays at like an 80 overall. The O-Line is tolerable, but not close to top notch. The Defense is stellar. The roughest spots are Pace,Wilson and Milliner (Awareness is terrible)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
2/22/2015

Just wanted to mark this as the day the acquisition of Kendrick Perkins sparked a debate about stacking your team.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:15 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
Panthers have virtually zero cap space... I think they are among the hardest to fix.

The Jags would be up there too though.
ha i was thinking about the panthers while going thru each post...only problem is that the cap room is a major problem especially when newton becomes a 99 and makes like 17m a yr...

heres why i think panthers arent a good choice, in year 2, i went 15-1...newton is a beast and they have 2 good RBs, WRs are good, (smith retires after yr 1) they have a good TE...their front 7 are monsters...norman is a monster in madden as well.

not sure if its because i went 15-1 but i was able to sign any FA i wanted that fit under the cap..i signed dez after year 2...what i can say is that they have a bunch of "good players after 2 years" type players that do not want to resign with you b/c of the salary cap...thats the only reason why the panthers are hard..just draft well b/c the pieces are already there for you..the front 4 are all 90 plus after year 2
Old 10-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #48
ssc
Rookie

ssc's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm in Year 3 of rebuilding the Jags right now, and it's actually been a lot of fun. Early on I traded MJD and/or possibly Eugene Monroe, but went into full-on rebuild mode trying to free up some room. If I didn't trade Eugene I let him walk. Took a few very under the radar FA players in the off-season (for instance: signing Maybin to a really cheap contract to serve as a pass-rushing outside linebacker in a 3-4, he's now rated around 90 or so,) who fit my scheme rather than by name-brand or rating.

The last year I had to grind an awful amount of games out, considering my offensive and defensive philosophies are almost exactly what the Jags' current ones are. But, now things are starting to come together and in my third game of the third season I'm at a team OVR of 85.

It all comes down to smart resignings, smart FA pick-ups and even smarter drafting.

(It also doesn't hurt that within my first two drafts I got a franchise QB, RB, WR, and LT, though the defense still has a ways to go.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »