Home

Are You Buying Madden 25 Next-Gen?

This is a discussion on Are You Buying Madden 25 Next-Gen? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are You Buying Madden 25 Next-Gen?
Yes (Always planned on it, footage confirmed it) 51 20.99%
Yes (Didn't plan on it, footage exceeded my expectations) 4 1.65%
Not Decided (Haven't seen enough just yet) 63 25.93%
No (Always planned on it, footage destroyed my hopes) 54 22.22%
No (Didn't plan on it, footage confirmed my suspicions) 71 29.22%
Voters: 243. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2013, 10:20 AM   #41
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Are You Buying Madden 25 Next-Gen?

Still holding out little hope but it doesn't matter, I have my 2013 roster file for NFL 2k5 if they haven't improved WR/DB interaction and so forth..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2013, 10:21 AM   #42
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

I voted undecided.

I always keep an open mind. Even about Madden, though it might seem that isn't the case.

I'm leaning towards no, but I am open to being wined and dined, if you will. If they show something that is worth buying, I'll buy it. If it isn't, I won't.

As tough as it may seem that I am on Madden, it would be very easy for EA/Tiburon to get me to buy this game. If they showed video of just great player animation and everything else stayed the same, I'd buy the game. That may seem to be asking too much, considering who is developing the game, but in reality, I think I'm asking for extremely little, considering this company has a mo cap facility that some movie studios would dream of of owning...
Old 10-09-2013, 10:25 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 5

There needs to be another explanation. "Yes (always planned on it because its next gen, but need to see more footage because so far not impressed.)
Old 10-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #44
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Highly doubt it, but still waiting on videos, maybe just out of curiosity. I'll vote - Didn't plan on it, vids confirming.

There are a handful of things I've been looking for this entire generation. Their absence has kept me from buying all but 1 Madden ('08 I think, which I returned a week later). This will continue into the next generation.

This generation, I went from playing friend's copies occasionally, to playing friend's copies rarely, to only playing the demo of '13 on a kiosk, to not playing a single down this year. Next gen systems may get me on a kiosk this year, but I have a feeling I'll give Madden the eye test again and not even look to test it out.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:19 PM   #45
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

I voted Not Decided. I will admit it is insulting to see the same pattern repeat as 06. I really am disappointed in what we have seen so far. I will most likely pick it up with the $10 upgrade offer but that would be the only reason. I am still hoping there will be something in the next few weeks that will get me excited about Next Gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2013, 03:49 PM   #46
Rookie

ThrowBack's Arena

OVR: 2

I might buy the game used or on sale but there is no way I am getting this game at launch. This game is not worth $60 IMHO.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:53 PM   #47
Banned

No...I will never buy this game again until I see something that knocks my socks off.

And what i have seen so far tells me its just the same ole madden.

I am older than most in here and have been playing this game since the beginning in 1989. A few years ago i just started getting really bored with it. Just felt like i was playing the same game year after year.

The next gen stuff looks exactly the same. Same overlays, same animations. Same game. Sure, the grass is rendered blade by blade. Marshawn lynch has gold teeth. So what? You cant see ANY of that while playing the game.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:43 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 0

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »