Home

how to get realistic tackle #'s?

This is a discussion on how to get realistic tackle #'s? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2013, 04:11 PM   #1
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27
how to get realistic tackle #'s?

well, try as i might between changing play style, difficulty, controlling 1 player, controlling many players, i just havent for the life of been EVER been able to get realistic tackle numbers in my games for my defense. The other team will have leading tacklers in the 7-15 range while my leading tackler will be at about 5. This makes it hard to get good season/career #'s for tackles, especially with DL who i am lucky to get 1-2 tackles a piece with in a game.

got any tips for me to get more tackles *im sure its 99% caused by the # of plays the cpu runs, but its either a 3 and out or a huge touchdown it seems lol*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2013, 04:22 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: how to get realistic tackle #'s?

Its directly tied to how many plays the other team runs. If you are constantly causing 3 and outs your not gonna get realistic tackle numbers. If you are clearly controlling the game let them get some first downs. Play soft zone coverage and give them some underneath routes that dont get much yardage. If your opponent is getting off 60 plays a game or so that is an oppertunity for 60 tackles so ease up on the d a little.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:47 PM   #3
Pro

silver281gt's Arena

OVR: 3

Pretty much what he said. If your opponent is only running 30-45 plays then you wont see guys with 10-13 tackles. You don't get tackles for incomplete passes. My game last night Sean Lee was my leading tackler with 13 tackles on 15 minute quarters. Another thing going against us is assist's don't work right if i recall. Guys should be getting an additional 3-5 assist per game to.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #4
Rookie

I don't understand the idea of easing up...if you have to do that then clearly your sliders are off and you aren't experiencing realism to begin with. Extend your quarter lengths ..
Old 10-08-2013, 06:45 PM   #5
Rookie

ruttentud's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver281gt
Pretty much what he said. If your opponent is only running 30-45 plays then you wont see guys with 10-13 tackles. You don't get tackles for incomplete passes. My game last night Sean Lee was my leading tackler with 13 tackles on 15 minute quarters. Another thing going against us is assist's don't work right if i recall. Guys should be getting an additional 3-5 assist per game to.
Yeah, I barely see any assists in the game. And don't even get me started on half sacks.

But, on the subject, a slider set that's challenging for you could help. My MLB usually has 8-12 tackles a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 1

Willis and Bowman consistently get 110 plus tackles per season. That's fairly accurate. Willis (who plays more downs) often gets over 120 or 130 each year.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:44 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

ajra21, you get 110 tackles per season with those two guys on your user controlled cfm team? I dont think the OP is talking about the simmed stats

at any rate, I'm in week 12 of my second year, my safeties lead the team with 50 or so tackles apiece, linebackers are in the 25-40 range and DL are under 30, Suh leads them with 22 but he has 12 sacks. I had one game where it magically counted assists and half sacks. dont know what made it kick in that game?

I also notice that the DPOY and DROY are always the guys with the most tackles not sacks or INTs. my first season Rookie DL Ziggy Ansah had 20 sacks in his rookie season but Alec Ogletree was rookie of the year with damn near 200 tackles. This year the DPOY already has 150 tackles (think its ogletree again)
Old 10-09-2013, 11:01 AM   #8
Pro

silver281gt's Arena

How many minute quarters do you play with?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »