Home

Comparing next gen vs current gen Madden 25

This is a discussion on Comparing next gen vs current gen Madden 25 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #9
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Comparing next gen vs current gen Madden 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Hey JP.

Umm... With new consoles the graphics will of course look better. Now can you compare gameplay between current gen and next gen from the small clips we have? Doesn't look all that different my man....
Once we get more footage of next gen I will. The small clips we have right now aren't really good enough except for comparing stills graphically. I think there's one actual play shown in the engadget video.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #10
Rookie

radatdude2's Arena

OVR: 5

The upgrades are not that significant. I dont know if its because current gen madden was that good graphically or next gen just isnt a huge jump. Now if you do this with 2k next gen blows its current gen version out of the water, i was just hopping for that difference in madden clearly just to similar
Old 10-09-2013, 02:12 PM   #11
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
I think everyone here agrees the graphics are a little sharper with better lighting. But the problem is the game seems to play and move the same as current gen, with the same horrid animations and cut scenes. That's the problem.
Couldnt say it any better ghettogeeksta, madden has always been a pretty good looking game in still shots or trailers where they focus on certain aspects of the game, but once your at home and playing it on your tv all that good looking stuff goes away and all you see is the robotic unrealistic movement mixed in with cutscenes and repetitive commentary,

And truthfully the difference graphically isnt much of a jump, give current gen better lighting and they might be identical.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #12
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

The graphics are better but this is also the smallest leap forward in graphics ever. Every new generation has a smaller leap and the differences only seem notable on the close-ups. Let's see some gameplay camera screenshots and see if we can pick out the differences.

Like others have said, I would love to see an overhaul to the animations and movement system. This past gen was a step DOWN in this area from the PS2. I was hoping for something a lot better than what I have seen so far.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #13
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by radatdude2
The upgrades are not that significant. I dont know if its because current gen madden was that good graphically or next gen just isnt a huge jump. Now if you do this with 2k next gen blows its current gen version out of the water, i was just hopping for that difference in madden clearly just to similar
I think its two fold. Madden 25 on current gen to me looks better than 2k14 on current gen. Next gen its not even close. So its an even wider disparity. If you take NBA2k14 on the pc with some tweeks then the jump to next gen is not such a shock as it has been for console users.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:20 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 0

Turn the brightness up on my TV and that's the same game
Old 10-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #15
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
Turn the brightness up on my TV and that's the same game
Oh really? That's funny because the Texans shots were both taken from my TV, same brightness. I bet your tv makes Lynch have gold teeth too right?

Last edited by jpdavis82; 10-09-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2013, 02:30 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Oh really? That's funny because the Texans shots were both taken from my TV, same brightness. I bet your tv makes Lynch have gold teeth too right?

I meant it looks EXACTLY the same if I gave current gen more light ie turn the brightness up on my tv

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »