Home

Madden NFL 25 'Feel It' Gameplay Teaser (Next-Gen)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 'Feel It' Gameplay Teaser (Next-Gen) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 25 'Feel It' Gameplay Teaser (Next-Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I really don't see how "true step" is actually that different from these;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92aMMtDf4lU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGJDqL9N2c8

Yes, EA marketing tends to put out nice looking teasers and trailers but it's vinyl siding and storm windows on a termite infested house with a faulty foundation. I applaud true step and any other effort to fix the foot planting and locomotion issues but that's undermined with the overall player movement and animations. People way more knowledgeable than me have been stating forever, it's futile to add things like Infinity Engine which augments existing animations, when the existing animations are bad.

“And no one puts new wine into old wineskins. For the wine would burst the wineskins, and the wine and the skins would both be lost. New wine calls for new wineskins.”

I'm not seeing any difference. I mean it looks the same with better lighting.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:18 PM   #50
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
We are still getting teasers instead of gameplay despite the fact the game comes out in 32 days...
Thing about this is that everyone is holding back. It's almost like they have gotten together and agreed to hold off until some point in time that there is going to be some huge negt gen deluge of information. Only thing I really have seen to this point are sizzle trailers and the Assassin's Creed making of videos (which should be done by every studio in my opinion).
Old 10-10-2013, 03:19 PM   #51
Rookie

kgbrolic's Arena

OVR: 4
I just watched the clip 3 times and that foot hovering scene in particular. The feet are definitely NOT plated in the grass at any time as far as I can tell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2013, 03:20 PM   #52
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
Thing about this is that everyone is holding back. It's almost like they have gotten together and agreed to hold off until some point in time that there is going to be some huge negt gen deluge of information. Only thing I really have seen to this point are sizzle trailers and the Assassin's Creed making of videos (which should be done by every studio in my opinion).
All other games have shown off some kind of gameplay except the sports genre... WHAT IN THE FREAK?!
Old 10-10-2013, 03:22 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 7
well...APs feet hit the ground lol they looked good
Old 10-10-2013, 03:22 PM   #54
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by radatdude2
Hummm with all this talk about true-step im hoping one of the developers will provide insight into why in multiple scenes/ videos shown the players feet continue to hover above the ground.
I think the true-step talk is more referring to momentum and balance. The feet touching the ground have nothing to do with that, as long as the force, impact, and momentum are taken into account (as someone stated earlier). The feet not touching the grass is a cosmetic issue that they need to fix elsewhere.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:23 PM   #55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
Just so we are all clear...you do know that its not real grass and its not a real player...Its a video game. OK..now that we are all hopefully on the same page...In the virtual world of video-games it isy personal opinion that the player model's feet are definitely hitting the virtual turf with each foot plant
I was just saying that it doesn't actually touch the fake grass. It appears to be a cosmetic issue. It doesn't really bother me as long as the foot-planting is there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2013, 03:24 PM   #56
Banned

tfer717's Arena

OVR: 0

we've seen alot of next gen already. its called the saints vs dolphins video. They heard the backlash and went back to little teasers. The game is a month away and we haven't seen anything significant. They are backtracking because of how bad the mnf video looked.

oh i forgot it was 'encoded' improperly... never mind...smh

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »