Home

Player stamina and auto subs

This is a discussion on Player stamina and auto subs within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Player stamina and auto subs

I have 2 questions that I can't seem to figure out this year.

1. Why if I go on a long drive to end the 1st half then get the ball to start the 2nd half are half of my offensive guys still tired from the drive before half time? The same thing happens if I super sim while on defense. It is like my offense never came off the field.

2. Auto subs-how do I get these to work? It seems like my running backs and wide receivers have to be extremely tired before they will be subbed out. I believe my sub in/out are both set at 85. Is this the wrong way to do it?

Last edited by JT2111; 10-11-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Player stamina and auto subs

1. Because EA made this game and they have not so much as watched a football game in 24 years.

2. Because it is broken, as it has been for many Madden iterations, along with all the other legacy issues that are continually ignored year after year. See number 1 above.

Last edited by Sturzinator; 10-11-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:19 PM   #3
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Player stamina and auto subs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT2111

1. Why if I go on a long drive to end the 1st half then get the ball to start the 2nd half are half of my offensive guys still tired from the drive before half time? The same thing happens if I super sim while on defense. It is like my offense never came off the field.

2. Auto subs-how do I get these to work? It seems like my running backs and wide receivers have to be extremely tired before they will be subbed out. I believe my sub in/out are both set at 85. Is this the wrong way to do it?

The auto subs are actually OK, IMHO, but the fatigue is somewhat broken. In my online CFM I have RB's set to sub out around 80 and come back in around 85. Check some of the slider threads in the slider forum for examples of how guys are setting them up. You have to rotate RBs, DL, LBs quite frequently so you want high in/out numbers for them. WRs/TEs and DBs can be lower numbers (70/75 for example) and OL/QBs can be really low.

My 2nd back gets carries this way automatically and my #1 back never gets red in terms of fatigue. Do check those slider threads, though....lots of good info in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 10-11-2013, 05:58 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT2111

I've seen the same thing. Last year I think it was when you could call a timeout and players in yellow would turn green. This year, calling a timeout has no effect.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:01 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

All in all it's not that bad at default . You get good rotation. If you like using 2 running backs either use sub packages or manualy replace him. Other than that I don't have a problem with it. It's when you mess with the fatigue and auto sub sliders it's a disaster. Definitely broken & doesn't work right at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »