Home

Quick question for those who have relocated teams and kept the name.

This is a discussion on Quick question for those who have relocated teams and kept the name. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2013, 10:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quick question for those who have relocated teams and kept the name.

In my first Owner career, I moved the Jacksonville Jaguars to Oklahoma City and kept the name. However, the end zones in my new stadium still said "Jacksonville".

Does this happen with other teams as well, or is it just a glitch associated with Jacksonville? For instance, if I start another career and move the St. Louis Rams back to L.A. and keep the name, will it still say St. Louis in the end zone?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2013, 10:26 PM   #2
Pro

sikolec's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Quick question for those who have relocated teams and kept the name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Eats a Cracker
In my first Owner career, I moved the Jacksonville Jaguars to Oklahoma City and kept the name. However, the end zones in my new stadium still said "Jacksonville".

Does this happen with other teams as well, or is it just a glitch associated with Jacksonville? For instance, if I start another career and move the St. Louis Rams back to L.A. and keep the name, will it still say St. Louis in the end zone?
I believe it depends on the End Zone for the SuperBowl for that team. So for Jacksonville, their end zone artwork reads "Jacksonville Jaguars." You would need to find a team with end zone artwork that just states the mascot name. The city name within an end zone will not change.

Last edited by sikolec; 10-13-2013 at 11:04 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:56 AM   #3
Rookie

I moved the Titans to Toronto and it still says Tennessee Titans in the end zone.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:33 AM   #4
Rookie

Sheesh. Some of these glitches are just asinine.

I wish I had a Josh Looman voodoo doll that I could poke every time Madden made me mad.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:42 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Eats a Cracker
Sheesh. Some of these glitches are just asinine.

I wish I had a Josh Looman voodoo doll that I could poke every time Madden made me mad.
Not a glitch but rather a design oversight. Basically EA didn't plan out any further than changing cities, choosing one of 3 boring uniforms, then picking a stadium.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2013, 09:15 AM   #6
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

I don't know for certain but I think there might be some sort of NFL Licensing Issue when moving teams or something similar to that and keeping the city/name/etc. intact.

That said, this is why I don't move teams anymore in Madden. It is a battle to keep interest in a team that you want to customize and make your own but in the end it is still limited by silly issues like this.

I was thinking about getting Madden 25 but after reading this I am going to probably get NCAA 14 and keep playing my Madden 13 CCM.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:52 PM   #7
Just started!

I know that when relocating the Raiders or Chargers to Los Angeles the end zone design changes so it says Raiders instead of Oakland and Chargers instead of San Diego. Are there any other cases where this holds true?
Old 04-08-2014, 12:25 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 29

^I knew that about the Raiders didn't know about the Chargers. that's good to know. I don't know of any others that change I know the Rams still say St Louis

A little off topic, but the only thing keeping me interested in the game right now is the double move to get better team names. Right now I have the Brooklyn Bulldogs in the NFC East and the Memphis Blues in the AFC South. I really just wish they'd open up all names for all teams would make the mode much more enjoyable for someone like me

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »