Home

Madden NFL 25 Video - MNF Simulation: Colts vs. Chargers (Xbox One)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Video - MNF Simulation: Colts vs. Chargers (Xbox One) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #33
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NEW Xbox One Gameplay Video (ESPN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
JP i love your passion and optimism. And I actually agree with what your saying. I am one of the few ppl who is looking forward to this game. But stop trying to convince other posters that they will like Madden or to give Madden more time. It doesn't work. Everyone has their opinion/feelings about the game. You can (and have) make the same strong valid points but ppl just aren't feeling it. And that is their opinion, as you have yours. This thread is about the MNF Next gen video that was posted. Not about back in 06 or other first party games etc.
Great post. Said it much nicer than a lot of peeps would have (or those that disagree with his opinion, like myself).
Old 10-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsonabat
Agreed.

And to be fair to Madden/EA, its hard to form an opinion on gameplay when all we are seeing are basically zoomed in replays of what happened. If you're going to show gameplay then show gameplay, otherwise its nothing more, imo, then a trailer.
It is really confusing. All we've seen is "poorly encoded" seeming sped-up game play from zoomed in replay angles. Or slow motion even more zoom in gameplay trailers. I hope in this feel it trailer we can see some regular cam footage.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #35
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Everyone complained back in 06 when they gave us a new game with bare bone features, now everyone complains when they give us a full featured game, albeit a port, with minimal upgrades graphically.

What do you guys want them to do???

I think people had WAY too high expectations for next gen Madden and may not understand that the devs don't know the capabilities of these systems yet. First party next gen games are going to be much better graphically at first, they ALWAYS are. After a year or two the games will start to be pushed graphically and we will see much better LOOKING games. In the meantime, focus on the GAMEPLAY, the GAMEPLAY is what matters. To me, the gameplay looks pretty good, not great, but a definite improvement in terms of fluidity in movement and o/d line interactions look much improved. You can't turn a game that people are calling "trash" into "treasure" in one cycle guys. Continued improvement in gameplay and areas that matter is what we are wanting, let's hope it continues and at a faster rate, but at the same time, don't expect so much on the first iteration of a game on a new console.

Can anyone name ONE non first party title on 360 that blew you away graphically when Xbox 360 launched?

Everyone's talking about FIFA, but FIFA was a GREAT game on current gen, Madden wasn't. You have to keep these things in mind guys, it's going to take some time to get Madden on that level that we all want it to. Like I've said I don't expect it to take 5+ years to get there, I expect Madden 15 to be basically what we've been wanting, but how people could expect a port of Madden to compare to a port of FIFA is beyond my comprehension.
I want them to make a realistic playing, and realistic LOOKING game. I don't care if it's from the ground up or ported. That's not my concern. I don't care how they do it, that's not my problem. I just want them to do it. I don't care about their excuses anymore. They've had enough time, enough money, and enough reference material to do it.

Our expectations are high because we see what can be done. If everyone expected more from them we wouldn't have this awful looking game. They're only going to get higher as we go into this next gen, as they should. Still I don't feel what people are asking for is unrealistic. It's all pretty much been done before. Just not by these guys.

And honestly almost all the 360 games I brought for launch blew me away graphically at the time. Even that awful version of Madden. We were going from standard def to high def, how could they not.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

Last edited by SageInfinite; 10-14-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 4

I swear the people on these forums are gonna bitch no matter what.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #37
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Everyone complained back in 06 when they gave us a new game with bare bone features, now everyone complains when they give us a full featured game, albeit a port, with minimal upgrades graphically.

What do you guys want them to do???

I think people had WAY too high expectations for next gen Madden and may not understand that the devs don't know the capabilities of these systems yet. First party next gen games are going to be much better graphically at first, they ALWAYS are. After a year or two the games will start to be pushed graphically and we will see much better LOOKING games. In the meantime, focus on the GAMEPLAY, the GAMEPLAY is what matters. To me, the gameplay looks pretty good, not great, but a definite improvement in terms of fluidity in movement and o/d line interactions look much improved. You can't turn a game that people are calling "trash" into "treasure" in one cycle guys. Continued improvement in gameplay and areas that matter is what we are wanting, let's hope it continues and at a faster rate, but at the same time, don't expect so much on the first iteration of a game on a new console.

Can anyone name ONE non first party title on 360 that blew you away graphically when Xbox 360 launched?

Everyone's talking about FIFA, but FIFA was a GREAT game on current gen, Madden wasn't. You have to keep these things in mind guys, it's going to take some time to get Madden on that level that we all want it to. Like I've said I don't expect it to take 5+ years to get there, I expect Madden 15 to be basically what we've been wanting, but how people could expect a port of Madden to compare to a port of FIFA is beyond my comprehension.
I would more than gladly take a minimal featured Madden game if it meant an entirely new engine. With better gameplay and animations. An engine they could build and improve on. Instead, we are getting the same broken engine that has proven to be bad for this past 9 Madden games. Madden can NEVER change if they continue to use this broken engine. I don't care how good of a team you have if they foundation is broken it's just not going to happen.

You bring up the point that developers don't know what the new systems are capable of. While they might not completely reach it's potential for a few years they certainly know what it can do. If they don't know that then they shouldn't be in this line of work in the first place. Which in turn implies the guys at Madden simply just aren't smart or good enough at their jobs.

Okay, first you said that Madden 25 next gen would be an improvement over current gen. Then you said Madden 15 will be the game that blows us away. Now you are telling us give them 5 YEARS?! If it takes them 5 years to build a decent football game then we should all just give up on Madden. We have given them 8 years and they have given us a mediocre football game at best. In no way shape or form do they or we deserve another 5 years of mediocrity.

Last edited by TheBuddyHobbs; 10-14-2013 at 12:26 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:22 PM   #38
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Back on topic, I think the crowds look pretty nice, the lighting is definitely improved IMO over current gen. The way players move looks better to me as does the o/d line interactions. I'm also waiting on some 11 vs 11 from the Madden camera angle, but for now I think this video is better than the MIA vs NO video. Is that enough to justify a purchase? No, but I do see some signs of encouragement and it doesn't look like a carbon copy of current gen to me.

Looking forward to seeing a lot more info and vids soon about next gen Madden.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:23 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 0
NEW Xbox One Gameplay Video (ESPN)

Quote:
Back on topic, I think the crowds look pretty nice, the lighting is definitely improved IMO over current gen. The way players move looks better to me as does the o/d line interactions. I'm also waiting on some 11 vs 11 from the Madden camera angle, but for now I think this video is better than the MIA vs NO video. Is that enough to justify a purchase? No, but I do see some signs of encouragement and it doesn't look like a carbon copy of current gen to me.

Looking forward to seeing a lot more info and vids soon about next gen Madden.
I wish I lived in this world of yours lol. I mean that with no disrespect at all, I just can't believe that you are that optimistic.

I'm buying a self-help book.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:26 PM   #40
All Star

OVR: 49

The best things that come from all these vids is that if you haven't bought madden yet for ps3 or 360. Just wait for ps4 or xbox 1. It post likely will be the same game with a little better textures.

I can now see why place like best buy and ebgames is offer a $10.00 to upgrade to next gen madden from current. I hope it looks next gen by M15 time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »