Home

Damn EA Madden Catch-Up Logic

This is a discussion on Damn EA Madden Catch-Up Logic within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2004, 04:14 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Damn EA Madden Catch-Up Logic

tell me about it. I just played a game against the titans as the Lions using greg jones as my starting hb and was up 35-0 going into halftime. I end up losing the game 42-48
Old 01-28-2004, 05:16 PM   #34
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:

8bit said:
tell me about it. I just played a game against the titans as the Lions using greg jones as my starting hb and was up 35-0 going into halftime. I end up losing the game 42-48

Go ahead blame your lost on AI logic...

I was playing the Browns in my Vikings franchise I was up 24 to 7 at halftime and guess what I won 38 to 10....
Old 01-28-2004, 05:47 PM   #35
All Star

nyisles16's Arena

OVR: 46

I was playing the Browns in my Vikings franchise I was up 24 to 7 at halftime and guess what I won 38 to 10....

well see - that's catch-up.. i mean they did kick a field goal..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2004, 10:56 PM   #36
Rookie

bronxct1's Arena

OVR: 4

madden does cheat hard and its one of the reasons i havent played since september. i've only lost a few games where the comeback ai went nuts on me, but its definately there. most games i was able to hold on, but i had to resort to cheap bombs to do it.

its like the cpu gets a new life in the 4th, anything you try doing doesnt work. they can recover onside kicks everytime, hit huge bombs return kicks and run the ball down your throat.

one case i had which was the last straw was when i was up 27 in my superbowl game with 3 mins left in the 4th. giants vs. jets. i hadnt given up a 1st down all game and was beating them down on offense. i had them pinned on the 1. 1st and second downi came really close to getting a saftey. i was hitting pennington like crazy. on third down he throws a little button hook to curtis martain who bounced off 5 guys in the middle of the field then scored.

next they get an onside kick, throw it down field td, and they repeat it.i was able to hold the lead, but there is no way that something like this should have happened. from 27- with 3 mins left to 27-24 final.

thats the thing that has turned me off to madden. having rediculous comebacks within a small amount of time. even people i know who still play the game and wont play anything else cant stand when the cpu becomes "superman" in the 4th.
Old 02-01-2004, 03:39 PM   #37
Banned

I have been playing madden like a crazed maniac these past two weeks. Im loving it again, but i don't care if the pope, marvin gaye, or Allan Greenspan says that there isn't something funny goin on with the 4 quarter b#@!$@#[censored] im not believing them. I fumbled three kick of return/punts in the 4th quarter of a game(5 minute quarters for god's sake). And your gonna tell me that there is nothing going on here?Nothing? Do me a favor...play a game and let the computer have the lead going into the fourth quarter. Watch how your team plays. See any b#@$!@#$#!*? Now play a game and take the lead going into the fourth quarter.EXACTLY
Old 02-01-2004, 03:54 PM   #38
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

Again no superman comeback!!!
Old 02-02-2004, 02:45 AM   #39
Banned

lol. riiiight. You probably believed that whole weapons of mass destruction thing too huh?
Old 02-02-2004, 09:07 AM   #40
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

Quote:

arseniotall said:
lol. riiiight. You probably believed that whole weapons of mass destruction thing too huh?

No but I play Madden 92% of the time and has never seen what some of you guys cry about!! I lost leads in Madden but I never felt that there was some AI comeback logic!!
Sorry I don't believe you guys!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »