Home

How do you "look off" a Safety?

This is a discussion on How do you "look off" a Safety? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #17
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: How do you "look off" a Safety?

As others have said its impossible.

Closest thing is a specific pump fake but personally I never do it because the animation plays out so slowly and you can't throw immediately or cut the animation short.

I really think if EA would introduce specific rating for footwork and pump actions we could get so much more depth out of the game. The ratings determining the speed with which they carry out the actions and how quickly the preset animations can be cut short.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #18
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerat
does the pump fake really work though? In '12 I felt like it was money but now it doesn't seem to do anything but get me sacked.
I was playing a guy online in '13 who was RG3. He rolled out and my QB spy followed. When he got to the line, he pump faked, which got my AI defender to jump for the swat, and he scooted around him.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:49 PM   #19
Rookie

Matthew25x's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Earth Blues
Whatever happened to that brilliant team that EA had back in the mid 2000's? I remember watching that video when it first came out and bursting out in excitement...now every feature is driven towards the casual gamer. Sim gamers have been totally forgotten about.
Yeah for real. Even things like the generic team by team newspapers and the Tony Bruno show somehow pulled you into your franchise's world and made it all seem much more lifelike than the current Madden versions do. And that vision cone was pretty fun to use too.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:15 PM   #20
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

Yeah, it is sad the feature didn't stick on. I loved it, however I remember my friends complaining about the feature. I could see where if may have been a little tricky to get use too. I think the best way to implement vision, would be to select a receive with X,Y,A,B,LB and the use the RT to throw. I'm pretty sure this is a similar mechanic to NFL Fever, however that was one of the few football videos games I have not played.
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Old 10-16-2013, 12:35 AM   #21
Banned

Steven78's Arena

OVR: 0

I LOVED the vision cone. Better QBs had a bigger vision and you could really tell the difference between great, good, and average quarterbacks. Madden is one of the only series I know of to implement something and then completely remove it. Look at The Show. They might implement something and always have it as an option even if some dont like it. I just don't understand some of the things EA does.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »