Home

Possible? Madden Moneyball Team.

This is a discussion on Possible? Madden Moneyball Team. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2013, 09:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Possible? Madden Moneyball Team.

Who would your starters be? Name a few players.
Is it even possible to have 85+ OVRs without big contracts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2013, 10:17 PM   #2
Rookie

ruttentud's Arena

Re: Possible? Madden Moneyball Team.

Eh, not really. You're going to have to find some sleepers. Pretty much just players with awful awareness, but those players usually don't have great ratings in their other intangibles. They might have amazing physicals though.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:25 PM   #3
Rookie

preaceps's Arena

OVR: 6

Only certain positions I would think. Moneyball teams are mostly about getting those players who excel at one aspect and bringing together a team that has the skills overall. Obviously with 3+ wideouts on the field you could mix speed/possession and whatever you feel you need. Pats do that all the time. Most teams now a days run a 2 back system so you are already set to use it in RB. Although with the way inside running is this year a speed back can get your that 1-2 yards most plays versus the old school Jerome Bettis bruiser. QB/OL are kind of excluded from this. I suppose if you were ultra dedicated you could have formation subs to swap out OL that are beasts at RB but stink at PB during I formation and other running base sets. Then vice versa, but since you would have to do that every game it seems way too much work. QB is the same. You could do it like Ohio State?, i dont much follow college, who were talking earlier this year about starting 2 ppl at QB. One a pocket passer and more a pure passer, and one a scrambler with good short and throw on run. TE would be a formation sub for blocker vs reciever.

Defense you could do this quite a bit, again if formation subs were not something you have to set every game. DL one set high run stoppers, one pass rush. LB one set run stoppers, one zone/man coverage or pass rushers. DB again run stoppers and other set coverage. You would really have to be on it as far as situations and would have to have set formations where the subs were ready to go and you called that coverage package. IE 4-3, 3-4, etc.

Short answer, without formation subs that last more than a game. Too much work. But you still can do it at WR/RB
Old 10-15-2013, 09:04 AM   #4
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Possible? Madden Moneyball Team.

Easily possible, imo, with a few years building/drafting. EA associates OVR with $$$. However, OVR has no on-the-field impact.

OLB J Sheard from the Browns runs over FB's and OT's regularly. DE Sidbury has given me production the last few years. Lots of generated rookies with great attributes, low OVR, and cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 10-15-2013, 10:42 AM   #5
Rookie

beastmode2013's Arena

Yeah it's possible I think, but more with 80 ovr and not 85. There's a few 80's with a mil or less salaries
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2013, 11:15 AM   #6
Rookie

dmankey1's Arena

I went through each position and made a list of the attributes I wanted to see at that position. I then went through the players I currently had and got rid of ones that didn't match wnd brought in playerd that did. Keep in mind I did this on the main roster prior to starting a CFM. I wanted to create a fun team. I didn't make this one to give me a challenge or to be realistic, just wanted to have fun. A few guys I did get that have done really well for me: Knile Davis RB, Jake Bequette LE, Damario Davis MLB, Leveon Bell RB, Jarius Wright WR, D. Poe DT, Courtney Upshaw LB, Warwick OT, DJ Williams TE, Johnathan Cyprien S. None of these started with very high OVR (most under 78) but they all had the attributes I wanted. My team currently has 80.3M in available cap space, I only have a handful of guys getting over 1M. I've had a lot of fun with this team and it certainly gives a break from tjr grind of my normal CFM. Just my thoughts...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk now Free
Old 10-15-2013, 11:16 AM   #7
Rookie

dmankey1's Arena

Smiley? Don't know where that came from...haha. Seventy - eight is the correct number...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk now Free

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »