Home

Kotaku Bashes Next-Gen Madden Footage - "It Looks Terrible"

This is a discussion on Kotaku Bashes Next-Gen Madden Footage - "It Looks Terrible" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2013, 09:45 AM   #129
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Kotaku Bashes Next-Gen Madden Footage - "It Looks Terrible"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Sufferer

This thread is about the Kotaku article that says the game looks "terrible", if EA says the game looks better than that we would like to see it. The game is out in 3 weeks, we would like to see it in action.

Buying Madden blind hasn't been a winning proposition for many of us the past 9 years.
Jet, this is why I'm not so worried with what happened with those MNF videos. I really don't feel EA was ready to market the game at that point because they didn't show us anything. Everything was zoomed in, that's why at the time, based on everything I read out there(ie twitter, etc....) I felt there was something behind curtain #3 that they weren't showing us, yet.

Set the clock to last Friday and that's what I wanted to see. That marketing plan initially might have backfired, but whatever the case, I don't think we'll see those MNF videos marketed again.

My point is, they circled last Friday, Oct. 18th on the calender for their true marketing reveal.

I could be wrong, too.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:20 AM   #130
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Jet, this is why I'm not so worried with what happened with those MNF videos. I really don't feel EA was ready to market the game at that point because they didn't show us anything. Everything was zoomed in, that's why at the time, based on everything I read out there(ie twitter, etc....) I felt there was something behind curtain #3 that they weren't showing us, yet.

Set the clock to last Friday and that's what I wanted to see. That marketing plan initially might have backfired, but whatever the case, I don't think we'll see those MNF videos marketed again.

My point is, they circled last Friday, Oct. 18th on the calender for their true marketing reveal.

I could be wrong, too.
We have had demos this gen to try the game out, now with the game releasing the same day as the console I would hope EA would release some videos of the game being played.

They can capture the videos themselves so the quality should be where they want it. This gen we usually have people uploading youtube videos of gameplay a couple weeks out from release. Then we have people who get the game early releasing gameplay videos.

If EA would like to show us those MNF videos were an aberration and don't want to leave us at the mercy of youtubers uploading videos of their early copies with all different quality of capture cards they should AT LEAST show us a game or two.

Looks like we will have to wait a little, I'm OK with that, I'm sure we will see some actual gameplay before release. Just throwing it out there to the EA guys to get AHEAD of the youtubers and release your gameplay with the best possible resolution and framerate. Put your best foot forward.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:37 PM   #131
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASPORTS_AJ
AJ,

Nothing new today? Can you let us know when we will see more features/footage/gameplay and if there will be a day one demo on PS4 and XB1?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2013, 09:13 PM   #132
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASPORTS_AJ
Old 10-25-2013, 09:20 PM   #133
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Its just like "1000 calculations per second" Cant make commentary sound average. Madden developers sell the game more than they develop the game. A Madden developer job posting says "Must have sales experience"

Dude spends so much time becoming a "game developer", has 1 interview is like "talking about 2K5 will only make us abandon the community". You mad bro?

Madden has become "Sham Wow". You watch these videos and they are no different than the "knife that will cut a car in half" and the "towel that will soak up a pool". Most people know that its ridiculous and laugh at the commercial while theres some people buying this stuff thinking they are getting a good deal, only to be disappointed. That is who those stupid commercials market to, That is essentially Madden, there are people who think every year they are getting the best game ever, while the rest of us are like " No knife can cut through a car, no towel can soak up that much, Madden is not going to do anything different", yet somehow WE are the minority.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:50 PM   #134
Rookie

AmericasTeam's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderGH
Its just like "1000 calculations per second" Cant make commentary sound average. Madden developers sell the game more than they develop the game. A Madden developer job posting says "Must have sales experience"

Dude spends so much time becoming a "game developer", has 1 interview is like "talking about 2K5 will only make us abandon the community". You mad bro?

Madden has become "Sham Wow". You watch these videos and they are no different than the "knife that will cut a car in half" and the "towel that will soak up a pool". Most people know that its ridiculous and laugh at the commercial while theres some people buying this stuff thinking they are getting a good deal, only to be disappointed. That is who those stupid commercials market to, That is essentially Madden, there are people who think every year they are getting the best game ever, while the rest of us are like " No knife can cut through a car, no towel can soak up that much, Madden is not going to do anything different", yet somehow WE are the minority.
Amen brother.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Old 10-25-2013, 11:48 PM   #135
Fighting a War & Gaming

8and9's Arena

OVR: 9

The lack of info of this has my worried. If anything I'll wait to get it and find a cheap copy for sale somewhere after the release.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »