Home

Kotaku Bashes Next-Gen Madden Footage - "It Looks Terrible"

This is a discussion on Kotaku Bashes Next-Gen Madden Footage - "It Looks Terrible" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2013, 12:31 AM   #33
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Kotaku Bashes Next-Gen Madden Footage - "It Looks Terrible"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Wow, never seen an ea bash thread like this one. Call me a kool-aid drinker all you want but have you guys actually played the game for yourself yet??? I'm guessing no, it's the first game on a new system. Not sure what you where thinking the game would look like.
We were thinking it would look like next gen. Something new, something to look forward. We didn't expect it to look completely like current gen. Sorry we actually expected a quality game for once.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:50 AM   #34
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Wow, never seen an ea bash thread like this one. Call me a kool-aid drinker all you want but have you guys actually played the game for yourself yet??? I'm guessing no, it's the first game on a new system. Not sure what you where thinking the game would look like.
We have seen 2 next gen Monday Night Videos and they haven't looked very good. Kotaku wrote an article about it about how it looked terrible. The problem is the animations look exactly like the game we have been playing. So to answer your question, no we haven't played the game for ourselves yet, but we have a pretty good idea it's going to play pretty much the same based on that video.

We are disappointed, so we're having a bit of a light hearted thread, no need to get heavy on us.

Now if you wanted to see an EA bashing thread, you should have been here yesterday! Don't take it so serious, we're trying not to take it so serious anymore.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:51 AM   #35
Rookie

If they ported the gameplay engine over from current gen, does this mean they will be using this engine as a template for the next 8 years or so of the next gen consoles lifecycle? This was the case for last gen (madden 01) and current gen (madden 06) engines.

So technically, we could be looking at 16 years of the madden 06 engine (8 years from this gen, 8 or so for next). An engine that was universally considered rushed in order to meet the Holiday 2005 360 launch. This can't be possible right?

Last edited by Yanks1408; 10-16-2013 at 12:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2013, 12:54 AM   #36
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

I cancelled my preorder earlier today. I'll put my money to better use.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:12 AM   #37
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

I was so engaged in that mini-story and the box cover...u guys creativity!!
Old 10-16-2013, 01:17 AM   #38
Pro

Mr_Riddick's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanks1408
If they ported the gameplay engine over from current gen, does this mean they will be using this engine as a template for the next 8 years or so of the next gen consoles lifecycle? This was the case for last gen (madden 01) and current gen (madden 06) engines.

So technically, we could be looking at 16 years of the madden 06 engine (8 years from this gen, 8 or so for next). An engine that was universally considered rushed in order to meet the Holiday 2005 360 launch. This can't be possible right?
The Saga continues........
Old 10-16-2013, 01:21 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Riddick
The Saga continues........
Maybe they debut a new engine for madden 15? Is there precedent for a company doing this? I feel like it's more traditional to use the debut as the template.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:37 AM   #40
Banned

atomant94's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
The greatest football game cover of all time

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »