Home

Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen with Vic Lugo

This is a discussion on Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen with Vic Lugo within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen with Vic Lugo

Sounds like typical Madden PR talk to me.

They really need to hire some football people to make this game. Quit talking about your engine, the impact modifier and all of this other marketing crap and tell me if you fixed zone defense, WR/CB and OL/DL interactions, finally have realistic gang tackling...etc.etc.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:24 PM   #74
Rookie

Gjordan's Arena

OVR: 2

I don't buy any of it! I've been playing madden since 89'. No doubt they've had some good games over the years and that's all been discussed on here before, but I have been sick of the junk they have produced over the last 6 years and expect us to stomach it as a good game of football. This is a new console with so much more power! It should be noticeable in "every area of the game", not just graphics or gameplay or physics. All of it should be soooo much better. It's already been mentioned, but at a time when we should all be drooling over graphics and gameplay, most of us are bitterly contemplating canceling our orders. This game should not just feel like another year to year update. That is sad fellas. You know when JP can't find anything good to say....... That's sad.

EA is a corporation that is trying to sell us a "yard stick" if you will. While most company's are selling it to you "2 to 3 inches at a time, their selling an 1/8th of an inch at a time.

But then again we all know why there able to do that, don't we?

Last edited by Gjordan; 10-17-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:32 PM   #75
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
Here is why EA can't ever win. As you mentioned they've revamped locomotion several times in an attempt to get it right and more realistic. You didn't like any of the previous editions, shouldn't you be happy they are trying again?

Now I understand your frustrations how many times before it's "right"? And every time they have to fix locomotion they can't fix say the passing engine. I'd like to see them get these things right the first time but at least they recognize they aren't working properly.
Don't know how you assumed that from what I wrote. I quite enjoy current gen Madden 25. Hell I enjoyed Madden 13 as well.

With that said, EA's pattern every year is that they say something is fixed and changed, then a year or two later say the thing they said in the past was fixed, was really not fixed, but hey, we just fixed it NOW. Then come next year they will say hey true step really didn't fix anything, but Madden 15 is totally fixed and reinvented, we flew in a team from Sweden who can crack nuclear atoms in their sleep, they are now in charge of physics. Then we hired a hall of fame Running Back, he will be in charged of ball carrier game play.

So the problem never was they don't recognize something isn't right, they always do, just a year later when they want people to buy their new game. When the game is currently out, they don't address things like they should with tuners, that is the problem. Instead of fixing little things here and there throughout the year of a current game, they instead want tackle 15 things at once with just one massive patch, that always end up messing else up. Then they will say, well, our massive sledge hammer approach didn't work, oh well, we moved to working on next year's game, we will TRY to address it then in next year's game.

Less sledge hammer approach, more surgical precision is needed. The way EA handles thing is like the following:

A person get shot in the arm, instead of just taking the bullet out the arm, EA just chops the whole arm off and says oops, I will just create you an artificial arm for you instead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #76
Formerly simon48xbox

The_Balm's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Less sledge hammer approach, more surgical precision is needed. The way EA handles thing is like the following:

A person get shot in the arm, instead of just taking the bullet out the arm, EA just chops the whole arm off and says oops, I will just create you an artificial arm for you instead.
Seems to be more like you get shot in the arm, they leave the bullet in your arm and just put a Band-Aid on it and call it fixed.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:47 PM   #77
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Don't know how you assumed that from what I wrote. I quite enjoy current gen Madden 25. Hell I enjoyed Madden 13 as well.

With that said, EA's pattern every year is that they say something is fixed and changed, then a year or two later say the thing they said in the past was fixed, was really not fixed, but hey, we just fixed it NOW. Then come next year they will say hey true step really didn't fix anything, but Madden 15 is totally fixed and reinvented, we flew in a team from Sweden who can crack nuclear atoms in their sleep, they are now in charge of physics. Then we hired a hall of fame Running Back, he will be in charged of ball carrier game play.

So the problem never was they don't recognize something isn't right, they always do, just a year later when they want people to buy their new game. When the game is currently out, they don't address things like they should with tuners, that is the problem. Instead of fixing little things here and there throughout the year of a current game, they instead want tackle 15 things at once with just one massive patch, that always end up messing else up. Then they will say, well, our massive sledge hammer approach didn't work, oh well, we moved to working on next year's game, we will TRY to address it then in next year's game.

Sorry for the assumption I could not tell in your prior post if you were a fan of the previous player movement changes.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:56 PM   #78
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

I really REALLY hope Vic is speaking the truth and the game will indeed "feel" like a different, more fundamentally sound football game. BUT EA has got to prove it to me. As far as that goes, the last what, 7-8 years of mediocre at best games has made my "football skin" alligator tough. So if I and everyone else is just let down again I will do what ive done in the recent past and just move on to my copy of NBA2k or COD and call it a day. I know this game wont be the end all, be all by any means but if it shows absolutely NO PROMISE I might be done with EA football for good. Right now the ONLY thing im looking forward to for M25 next-gen is that im getting it for $9.99.

It would be sad because football games are what I want to enjoy the most out of any other by far. Breaks my heart that this has happened with football games, why couldn't this be the ongoing underperformance saga of baseball games, or soccer, or racing, or anything really? WHY FOOTBALL??? damn it sucks lol

Last edited by CT Pitbull; 10-17-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:03 PM   #79
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
I couldn't DISAGREE more...The madden graphical leap and 2k graphical leaps IMO are both slight and not that big...Both look great to me but to say one is a bigger more pronounced leap than the other for me is Stretch.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:08 PM   #80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
I couldn't DISAGREE more...The madden graphical leap and 2k graphical leaps IMO are both slight and not that big...Both look great to me but to say one is a bigger more pronounced leap than the other for me is Stretch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »