Home

Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen with Vic Lugo

This is a discussion on Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen with Vic Lugo within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen with Vic Lugo

Quote:
Originally Posted by adub88
Lol, sorry I had to, go ahead and delete this post. Don't wanna de-rail the OG topic.
lol I'm not a mod, just a fan like you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 11:33 AM   #26
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

lets get back on topic guys, that trailer has nothing to do with this interview. We need to see actual gameplay to be able to judge these games not trailers.

Now with that being said, how do you feel about what Victor said?

I personally feel like this game will be something you have to play to really appreciate it. I'm guessing casual fans will be disappointed, but hopefully this is a sign that they are trying to cater more towards the hardcore sim fans now.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:41 AM   #27
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
lets get back on topic guys, that trailer has nothing to do with this interview. We need to see actual gameplay to be able to judge these games not trailers.

I personally feel like this game will be something you have to play to really appreciate it. I'm guessing casual fans will be disappointed, but hopefully this is a sign that they are trying to cater more towards the hardcore sim fans now.
I agree and deleted my post. Now back to the interview. Like I said I'm just ready to see video at this point, lengthy gameplay video. From there, I think we can gauge how it might feel.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #28
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
The trailer doesn't need to be discussed, but it does pertain to this interview. His comment was not to expect a big graphical jump, now if he meant only in relation to Madden then fine, but it certainly seems like he was trying to imply that next gen would not be a big graphical jump. 2K just bascially crushed that theory to dust. That is an massive jump from current gen and that is gameplay in the trailer not pre-rendered.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #29
Pro

OVR: 4

I hope that player sense impacts the game more than what he stated. Pointing out to blockers and being aware of the sidelines are nice and all but that is mostly cosmetic stuff. I want players to react to what's going on around them with a sense of purpose. I want to see linebackers take a few steps forward in play action after 3 str8 runs. I want to see players biting on double moves because they are reacting not physic in coverage. I want my LBs to come down on drag routes if we've been getting killed on them all game. I want guys on blocks to reach out with the free hand and try one last attempt to grab that ball carrier running by. I want to see guys with "high motor" expending all of their stamina on a few plays and chasing down ball carriers down the field.

On 3rd and 15 I shouldn't have to tell me defense to "play the pass" and drop in their zones. The Players should know these things and if my opponent runs a play action on the down it should be ignored.

Hopefully these things will be touched on in the AI trailer.

Last edited by dghustla; 10-17-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:

I expected most of what he said. He is in damage control mode for the negative responses to Madden Next-Gen (as blatantly evident in his theory of "you have to feel it" and "graphically, it isn't a big leap").

This is EA's only angle to play now, and I'm no where near confident in them at this point.

I actually feel bad for EA Sports because of what 2K released 43 minutes ago.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #31
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
The trailer doesn't need to be discussed, but it does pertain to this interview. His comment was not to expect a big graphical jump, now if he meant only in relation to Madden then fine, but it certainly seems like he was trying to imply that next gen would not be a big graphical jump. 2K just bascially crushed that theory to dust. That is an massive jump from current gen and that is gameplay in the trailer not pre-rendered.
Couldn't agree more. I really didn't want to post that video, but I felt compelled especially after listening to Vic in that interview.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
I haven't listened yet, but it will be the same regurgitated thing as before. "450 new (insert animation of your choice here)". Yet we see the same ones over and over. Or how momentum is supposed to matter. It is? Like when I hit the running back in the backfield, he's flat footed, yet goes into that ridiculous looking spinning animation as he's falling FORWARD for 8 yards? Momentum?

I'm fully expecting softballs from Rich. Rich is a great guy and I enjoy his game coverage, but he is really soft on the Madden guys because he's friends with them. I'm not counting on this being anything to get excited about.
Why even comment if you havent listened yet...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »