Home

Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen with Vic Lugo

This is a discussion on Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen with Vic Lugo within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2013, 02:45 PM   #57
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen with Vic Lugo

Man....I just watched the trailer for nba2k14 next gen trailer, and I have to say they def did a better job with the graphical upgrade. So for this dude to say that there won't be a graphical leap from current gen to next gen, is not justified
Old 10-17-2013, 02:53 PM   #58
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Based on the espn clips, the gameplay is not at all fixed. Perhaps the way the O&D line interact with each other is "fixed" (we'll see), but the player movement and animations are still bad. No clips of tackling either, so I assume they are hiding that awful mess as well.

That being said, I still don't know what kind of magic act they are pulling here with the different kinds of clips. Could be Burger King, like Sage said. (I had forgotten all about that, good memory, Sage!) Just have to wait for real gameplay, but I am sure it will only come once the You Tube crowd gets their advanced copy.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:55 PM   #59
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

First off another Madden dev/talking head invoking "realism" and "simulation". At the very start of the interview to set the tone and continually throughout it, Mr Lugo emphasizes realism, yet when the game itself likely fails at reasonably meeting that goal, there will be countless "it's just a video game", "it's fun", "some people expect too much", yada, yada, yada. smh

Moving on, I could likely put my own positive spin on this interview but I refuse to, it doesn't take a team of physicists to screw in a light bulb. I respect Mr Lugo, he surely has forgotten more about physics than I will ever know but having him or anyone else try to suggest that EA Tiburon has reinvented the wheel before ever demonstrating that they can successfully make a standard wheel is not going to fly with me.

I have seen Madden on PS2/Xbox, Back Breaker and NFL2k/APF2k ALL move more realistically than M25, without Infinity, Ignite or any super new advanced next-gen tech, yet gamers are supposed to believe Madden 25 next-gen has somehow now surpassed what those games have achieved, without ever demonstrating matching it at this point. GTFO! lol
Old 10-17-2013, 02:58 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I have seen Madden on PS2/Xbox, Back Breaker and NFL2k/APF2k ALL move more realistically than M25, without Infinity, Ignite or any super new advanced next-gen tech, yet gamers are supposed to believe Madden 25 next-gen has somehow now surpassed what those games have achieved, without ever demonstrating matching it at this point.

This right here could not be more right on the money.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #61
Rookie

ThrowBack's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
This whole ESPN video just reminded me of that Burger King footage from Madden 06. Yes the game ended up looking MUCH better than that, but the animations are what you got. I think it'll be the same here.
I just looked up an old article regarding the 06 Burger King video and it's crazy how similar the comments were back then to what's being posted now about the MNF video.

“To be fair, the video was rather poorly encoded so there may well be some astounding detail and texture that didn't survive the encoding process. Still, if this is what passes for a launch title, the 360 is in big, big trouble come Christmas. “

“Regardless if we were shown that artist's interpretation or not, the next gen visuals should stun us. The jump from PS1 to PS2 was astounding. Even if we weren't shown the artist's interpretation, we should be left in awe, but we aren't. Those animations look recycled. “
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 03:34 PM   #62
Rookie

Gjordan's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
out of everything vic said , i take way 3 words from his interview.... that says it all to me , call it a subtle foreshadowing...... " dont expect much" .....BAM there it is folks, you heard it first here ......next gen madden , dont expect much....
That's about what I'm expecting....."Not much".
Old 10-17-2013, 03:36 PM   #63
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

So basically, to sum up this podcast, Madden 25 next gen is a game you have to play to notice the difference between current gen. That is pretty much what Vic Lugo said over and over again. Seems like every year EA is revamping locomotion. They said before 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, current gen Madden 25 and now next gen Madden 25 there is a brand new locomotion engine that better handles acceleration and cuts. So basically next gen Madden 25 will have precision modifier 2.0 and infinity engine 3.0

That pretty much sums it up. Yeah it will look the same, but it will feel different in your hands with precision modifier 2.0 and infinity engine 3.0. But I guess calling infinity engine 3.0 the Ignite Engine sound more cooler and flashier.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:54 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 5
Ha at graphics won't take a great leap ..The madden team and Ea need to go look at 2k smh. These guys must think we are idiots

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »