Home

Madden NFL 25: Next-Gen Gameplay Completely Revamped Under the Hood

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25: Next-Gen Gameplay Completely Revamped Under the Hood within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #33
Rookie

supdog's Arena

OVR: 4
Are gonna have penalties that actually work because this seems difficult for the developers
Old 10-18-2013, 09:48 PM   #34
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 25: Next-Gen Gameplay Completely Revamped Under the Hood

Quote:
Originally Posted by supdog
Are gonna have penalties that actually work because this seems difficult for the developers
I reallyyyyy hope they address penalties. At least acknowledge that they've tried to make some improvement. They are still missing a lot of penalties like defensive holding, defenseless receiver, and hitting a QB too high/low. I am happy they are working on the AI if the penalties can get improved too itll be a huge step.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:57 PM   #35
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

I didn't see enough of the defense winning in that trailer. Not convinced. And I probably shouldn't be by a 2 minute trailer.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 10:18 PM   #36
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
I didn't see enough of the defense winning in that trailer. Not convinced. And I probably shouldn't be by a 2 minute trailer.
In the Trailer's defense it was meant to showcase improvements to the line-play. I'm sure we'll see more examples of the improvements elsewhere in coming weeks.

Check out the Offensive Line videos (they do a lot more in selling the improvements they made than the trailer does), never let a 2 minute video from EA convince you, some games you can trust 2 minutes but most you can't and that definitely applies to EA (there have been times in the past where they have shown great stuff in some videos that never really come through in the actual game).
Old 10-18-2013, 10:55 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
ON PLAYER AVOIDANCE
A big focus of Player Sense this year was the concept of “avoidance.” Players are going to be more aware of their surroundings, and a big part of that is the ability to avoid things like the sidelines and other blockers. Players can hop over defenders on the ground or tightrope the sidelines, all in an effort to avoid obstructions on the field.

and

Quote:
ON DEFENSIVE CONTEXTUAL AWARENESS
We’ve added the same contextual awareness to defensive players. On Xbox One and PlayStation 4, blitzing linebackers won’t get caught up on their own defensive linemen. The same goes for defensive backs. If a safety is coming over to help a corner, the two won’t collide into each other. Instead, one might extend his hand out in order to create some space and try to make a play.

OK see this is what I'm talking about. Why doesn't 23 avoid hitting his lineman? Shouldn't he calculate/be aware that the line is in a stunt outward and attempt to avoid bumping up against his own player?

Anyway I digress. Some of this sounds really good actually. Another thing I'm wondering also is their emphasis on Launch Point. They need to make sure that if the QB is not where he is supposed to be at certain points then it is detrimental to that QB. He can improvise and move when things start to break down but he should not be moving out of the pocket as soon as he receives the football from the center.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:01 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Also on Contextual Awareness I bet they don't have the DL doing the submarine down by the goalline. I wonder if they also still have guys tackling guys into the endzone rather than trying to keep the out of it.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:16 PM   #39
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9
completely revamped under the hood......oh ok, under the hood so we cant see it, right, cuz I saw a lil better lineplay, but everything else looked EXACTLY THE SAME, ugly animations still stand out like a sore thumb. Im sorry but I cant take them for there word. Theyve earned that rep.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:17 PM   #40
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Am I just being negative or does the O-Line "sorting" just look like the telepathic magnet linemen Madden has always had. You know, the ones who pick up every block and you can only get pressure if you blitz more guys than they have to block

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »