Home

Madden NFL 25: Next-Gen Gameplay Completely Revamped Under the Hood

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25: Next-Gen Gameplay Completely Revamped Under the Hood within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2013, 11:21 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Still nothing about presentation. Smh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 11:25 PM   #42
Rookie

jjazwick's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by La Verite
Still nothing about presentation. Smh
Probably because the presentation is the same as current generation. Looks like better presentation will have to wait till Madden 15 or NFL 2K15 (Hopefully)!
Old 10-18-2013, 11:36 PM   #43
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 25: Next-Gen Gameplay Completely Revamped Under the Hood

I'm shocked that there wasn't a single feature in the trailer about improved defense. Nope, instead they gave better blocking. They just don't get it

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 10-19-2013, 01:20 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by friscob
Am I just being negative or does the O-Line "sorting" just look like the telepathic magnet linemen Madden has always had. You know, the ones who pick up every block and you can only get pressure if you blitz more guys than they have to block
They don't say how it's different but I imagine it's necessary in order for the OL to know when and who to double team when pass blocking.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:07 AM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by friscob
I'm shocked that there wasn't a single feature in the trailer about improved defense. Nope, instead they gave better blocking. They just don't get it
Well, to be fair blocking is one of the core components of gameplay that REALLY needs to be touched on and it's a good thing that they are. With that being said defense is also a BIG component as well.

BTW you may be interested to here some of the things said about defense in the interview with Rex Dickson. Whether the things being said will actually come to fruition is yet to be seen.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...x-dickson.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2013, 07:42 AM   #46
Rookie

Ok. So under the hood is all the gameplay improvements we want and expect to have... I get it! Like any successful football team you need to build from the inside out. So with that in mind... Madden 15 should look nothing like Madden 25? We should be getting a game that's as exceptionally eye pleasing as 2K14 right? I'm just glad 2K14 has raised the bar so that we know what we should expect when it comes to Next Gen gaming. Madden may not have any direct competition but the standard of Next Gen gaming has been set.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #47
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by UH53
Ok. So under the hood is all the gameplay improvements we want and expect to have... I get it! Like any successful football team you need to build from the inside out. So with that in mind... Madden 15 should look nothing like Madden 25? We should be getting a game that's as exceptionally eye pleasing as 2K14 right? I'm just glad 2K14 has raised the bar so that we know what we should expect when it comes to Next Gen gaming. Madden may not have any direct competition but the standard of Next Gen gaming has been set.
Others expectations might be higher and that's great, but eye candy is lower on the list for me vs how the game plays.

Always has been, always will. Madden has been so underperforming in game play the last several years, but has been pleasing eye candy.

I'd prefer the pendulum to swing the other way for NG, but that's just me.

There are other game play improvements that need to be added, but it's a good start.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:37 AM   #48
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UH53
So true all sports gaming developers will hopefully strive to have there games on par or even better then first year game NBA 2K14! I really do have a good feeling we are gong to see some mind blowing sports games over the next few years on next gen systems! In fact it has already been said by Mark Cerny that it will take about 3 or 4 years before most developers can take full advantage of the PS4 hardware. There is so much untapped power left to be used.

Last edited by tnixen; 10-19-2013 at 11:50 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »