Home

Madden NFL 25: Next-Gen Gameplay Completely Revamped Under the Hood

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25: Next-Gen Gameplay Completely Revamped Under the Hood within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2013, 02:42 PM   #57
Rookie

Escobeats's Arena

OVR: 0
Looks better and animations look smoother but I can't stop getting the impression that this is a port. So far looks like the graphics have been upgraded and that's pretty much it but I stand to be corrected once I try it out. As long as I see improvements in the movement and blocking that'll make me a lot happier for this year.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:52 PM   #58
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 25: Next-Gen Gameplay Completely Revamped Under the Hood

No "but's" about it: these clips did enough to appease my disappointment towards the MNF videos.

While I appreciate what I did see, one thing remains unverified: how often will these intricate "60 decisions per minute" play out?

I cannot get a good read on the frequency and variety of these new AI sensors.

Figure 1

The Trench War looks prolonged by script (design) and if this is so: I do not see how we can see a multitude more of trench outcomes if we are rendered to a limit based on ratings?

Figure 2

I see player avoidance through the scope of Marshawn and AP and am left to wonder how the other 30 'backs will interact in their surroundings. Will avoidance intelligence be tiered and or tied to a slider?

I will wait for the Madden devotees to judge the final product - I have no say on the final verdict. I will simply wait and see.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-2013, 07:27 PM   #59
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Well, they seem to be focused on the right things at least. The trouble with EA is often execution though, so we'll see. I am encouraged by some of what I've seen, so hopefully 25 really hits on these points so they can really make significant progress by the next iteration (which is likely when I'll be back in the market for a football game).
Old 10-19-2013, 08:05 PM   #60
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFL_GREAT
Guess you didn't see the time in pocket vs. pass rush video? Cowboys vs Eagles? The DE/OLB #93 for Dallas coming off the right edge getting low, using his arms and body for leverage and to rip past the RT?

Guess you didn't see the interview posted today talking about coverage AI and more coverage sacks?
Nope, I watched the trailer they released which ignored defense. Coverage sacks are nothing new and they make up the majority of the sacks that take place. I want to see pressure with the front 4

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 10-19-2013, 08:31 PM   #61
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by friscob

I want to see pressure with the front 4
And it was shown.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2013, 08:32 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 6

Speaking of Under the hood, I wonder if simulation stats will be any different from current Gen iterations. This is one of the areas where Madden has consistently disappointed. To some it may not be an issue but to me as an avid Offline-only player It's a necessity.

To anyone that has M-25 for 360/Ps3 have the simulation stats in CCM being fixed since release because I saw some terrible stats from users that posted after the game dropped?
Old 10-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
And it was shown.
When? Maybe I missed it but at no point in any of those vids did I see the QB in danger of being sacked/forced to leave the pocket/forced to make a throw with pressure in his face.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc21045
When? Maybe I missed it but at no point in any of those vids did I see the QB in danger of being sacked/forced to leave the pocket/forced to make a throw with pressure in his face.

Well, I'm not sure if he was in danger but the guy got in his vicinity before falling. Would have been great if they showed a vid of the DE actually coming loose and being a real threat to the QB. A sack would have been best case scenario.

Last edited by royounggoku; 10-19-2013 at 11:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »