Home

Next gen interview creative director Rex Dickson

This is a discussion on Next gen interview creative director Rex Dickson within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #17
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Next gen interview creative director Rex Dickson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Like the interview and all. But this guy is going to get heat from his first set of answers on the first question. The fact he said players sliding and skating is gone is completely false. You still see it some in the current videos they put up today. Therefore there will be some back lash coming. I mean the videos was good today. But saying sliding and skating is completely gone is false.
Maybe some of these video were from a much older build and that was why you still see players sliding at times. Hopefully the final version really has fixed those sliding issues. As much as I like to hate on EA lol just kidding I really do think that things will get a much better going forward with Madden. Madden 25 next gen is just the start of great things to come. 2K does not and probably will not be making any NFL games anytime soon so I must have faith that EA in the near future will turn Madden into the football game that we all so desperately want. I even think we will see a lot of improvements 8 months from now when they unveil Madden 15 at E3.

If EA would just visit the OS forums and see what we all want improved in Madden and act on that Madden football could be spectacular someday.

Last edited by tnixen; 10-19-2013 at 11:05 AM.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:01 AM   #18
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
Buddy Hobbs 8 minutes ago
Please ask about penalties, WR/DB interactions, and QB drop backs/Throwing animations. Will they fix those next game?
Reply · Vote UpVote Down

simfballcritic
simfballcritic 7 minutes ago
I can't tell you anything about next year.
Reply · Vote UpVote Down in reply to Buddy Hobbs
Wow that is as conclusive an answer as we'll ever see.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:06 AM   #19
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Maybe some of these video were from a much older build and that was why you still see players sliding at times. Hopefully the final version really has fixed those sliding issues. As much as I like to hate on EA lol just kidding I really do think that things will get a much better going forward with Madden. Madden 25 next gen is just the start of great things to come. 2K does not and probably will not be making any NFL games anytime soon so I must have faith that EA in the near future will turn Madden into the football game that we all so desperately want. I even think we will see a lot of improvements 8 months from now when they unveil Madden 15 at E3.

If EA would just visit the OS forums and see what we all want improved in Madden and act on that Madden football could be spectacular someday.
I've made your final point many a time. But really, all EA need go do is watch a FULL game of football on a Sunday and not just a highlight reel and they'd know what we're asking for.

What's sad is that many of us have written more reasonable and realistic solutions to legacy issues to create the outcomes we expect.

I don't mean to blow my own trumpet but I feel that my post regarding 'how to fix CPU CFM AI' is almost beyond the Madden dev teams thinking abilities. It breaks down consecutive steps needed to be taken over a handful of years to create realistic outcomes AND processes in CFM.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:56 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Why lie? Lol.

Its the old saying. How can you tell a Tiburon employee is lying?

Their lips are moving.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:20 PM   #21
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
Wow that is as conclusive an answer as we'll ever see.
He used to be respectable when he was a SIM gamer. Since he became a game changer he just defends EA to no end. It's sad to see that. If they don't fix those three important things next game then I just give up all hope and will just have to accept Madden isn't changing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2013, 02:14 PM   #22
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
A.I light years away than what we ever had before? I gotta see it to believe it.

The learning A I. system allows the cpu to play like humans? My question is why is this controlled by the designers and not by the actual users? And does this apply to defense too?

He makes Coach Glass sound like a gimmick that it really is.

Very interested to see how improved the coverage A.I. is.

Overall it sounds like the are at least making an effort to be more sim, seems like one of those games you have to play to notice the difference.
If this is true then I will be picking up Madden.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:18 PM   #23
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
He used to be respectable when he was a SIM gamer. Since he became a game changer he just defends EA to no end. It's sad to see that. If they don't fix those three important things next game then I just give up all hope and will just have to accept Madden isn't changing.
That's what this has come to? For years people wanted (dared?) EA to invite the Sim Standard guys for feedback. They do, and now those guys are (implied) EA shills?
Old 10-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #24
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
That's what this has come to? For years people wanted (dared?) EA to invite the Sim Standard guys for feedback. They do, and now those guys are (implied) EA shills?
I don't know about the other guys. As far as he goes well he hasn't made a quality video in a long time. When he does make videos it's nothing, but defending EA and telling everybody to wait that changes are coming. Still hasn't happened yet. I don't know, I just don't respect him at all anymore. There are a few guys on here I wish were EA game changers, but I don't think it's going to happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »