Home

Next gen interview creative director Rex Dickson

This is a discussion on Next gen interview creative director Rex Dickson within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2013, 02:46 PM   #25
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Next gen interview creative director Rex Dickson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
I don't know about the other guys. As far as he goes well he hasn't made a quality video in a long time. When he does make videos it's nothing, but defending EA and telling everybody to wait that changes are coming. Still hasn't happened yet. I don't know, I just don't respect him at all anymore. There are a few guys on here I wish were EA game changers, but I don't think it's going to happen.
Not for me.

There were a few from here and the minute they said something somewhat positive, they were questioned about being wined and dined.

So, you won't catch me one foot of that building.

I feel the the SS folks have been a good thing for the sim gamers, whether they speak positive or state, you play the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2013, 02:57 PM   #26
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
There are a few guys on here I wish were EA game changers, but I don't think it's going to happen.
The exact same thing was said about the Sim Standard guys before one of/some of them went to EA. That's my point.

I'll be honest - I wasn't and am not an avid viewer of Sim Standard videos, so I can't speak to how they've changed over time. It's likely that whatever changes occurred due to things they saw at EA. Maybe they've seen early versions of tech that is (pardon the pun) game-changing. Maybe they've seen other things in development that are mind-numbingly stupid. Either way, that's covered under the NDA so we won't hear about it publicly.

And it's probably easier to make videos pointing out flaws until you actually see the process. I'd assume it's tough to produce videos on things that you definitively know will or won't be fixed.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:02 PM   #27
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Not for me.

There were a few from here and the minute they said something somewhat positive, they were questioned about being wined and dined.

So, you won't catch me one foot of that building.

I feel the the SS folks have been a good thing for the sim gamers, whether they speak positive or state, you play the game.
While I agree it's good to have them. It still hasn't done even close to enough to make this game good again. There are so many legacy issues that have been ignored. They need to push harder for these issues. It just feels like they aren't pushing hard enough because these issues have been ignored for so long. Hopefully we will see a turnaround this next gen. But seeing the trailers the animations are still awful. Until they revamp the animations then the game will always look arcadey and bad.

Edit: It's probably not fair of me to be so critical of them because all they can do is voice their concerns. They don't actually make the game or have anything to do with what does or doesn't get fixed. I guess it's just me taking my frustrations out on anybody that has any ties to Madden. For that I do apologize. But as far as EA goes I will not apologize until they actually deliver a good game again. It's been far too long. I know a lot of us are frustrated.

Last edited by TheBuddyHobbs; 10-20-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:05 AM   #28
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
He used to be respectable when he was a SIM gamer. Since he became a game changer he just defends EA to no end. It's sad to see that. If they don't fix those three important things next game then I just give up all hope and will just have to accept Madden isn't changing.
Tbh I think the thing to take from that exchange you had, is that they have definitely not been addressed this year. It seems he is not saying wait for next year, he's just saying the soonest we will possibly see an improvement to these things is next year.

That sort of straight answer is what you want to get out of a game changer in my opinion, instead of the certified line of BS and marketin speak we get fed by the Devs.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:00 AM   #29
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
Sigh.

Can one person just ask this when they get an interview.

Do penalties work?
Wouldn't be surprised if this was pre-submitted and declined to be talked about.

Silence with EA on certain subjects is not unusual for the Madden marketing process. When there is silence, it's the answer you don't want.

Old 10-21-2013, 09:32 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
While I agree it's good to have them. It still hasn't done even close to enough to make this game good again. There are so many legacy issues that have been ignored. They need to push harder for these issues. It just feels like they aren't pushing hard enough because these issues have been ignored for so long. Hopefully we will see a turnaround this next gen. But seeing the trailers the animations are still awful. Until they revamp the animations then the game will always look arcadey and bad.

Edit: It's probably not fair of me to be so critical of them because all they can do is voice their concerns. They don't actually make the game or have anything to do with what does or doesn't get fixed. I guess it's just me taking my frustrations out on anybody that has any ties to Madden. For that I do apologize. But as far as EA goes I will not apologize until they actually deliver a good game again. It's been far too long. I know a lot of us are frustrated.

Awesome edit! I admire this post a lot. Us guys are passionate about our sports, favorite teams, & sports games. So much so that we loose sight and at times we get tense with others. And get so divided that we forget we mostly are on the same team.

I don't follow TSS closely but from what I've seen a lot of the things sim has asked for is being worked on. What EA doesn't do or get right isn't a reflection on him.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #31
Rookie

SnakeEyez's Arena

OVR: 6

most of the sacks players get on current gen ARE coverage sacks because the blocking/pocket is a mess with lineman sticking to each other...

What we want to see is an elite DE actually be able to bull rush an offensive tackle into the QB and collapse the pocket...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2013, 12:05 PM   #32
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9

all this talk of coverage sacks and improved AI to me just hints at dbs playing even more volleyball in the secondary and recievers being the same lame duck players when it comes to fighting for the ball.

Im tired of db's and defensive players always getting there head around and swatting the ball while the reciever just trots down the field with no desire to catch the ball.

past practice indicates thier version of improved AI and defensive play is getting further from reality and just a "videogame way" to take care of the consistently high scores from years past. Thier way of doing things always has been and Im confident always will be the ugly unrealistic easy way of fixing things. I havent been proven wrong and have 8 years of evidence to draw from and all this lip service of "dont worry its coming, theres a new dev team in charge", or "physics will change everything", "the sky is the limit with next gen, well finally get the game we want," Tiburon has been proven to be better talkers than doers and nothing more than snake oil salesman.

I dont have any respect for the company as a whole and as a matter of fact have very strong feelings against them which if I would air Id be banned.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »