Home

When is Madden going!!!!

This is a discussion on When is Madden going!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2013, 11:37 PM   #1
Banned

assclown25's Arena

OVR: 7
When is Madden going!!!!

To bring back WR's who actually break off their routes when a QB is flushed out of the pocket or actually go after the ball? I'm tired of watching WR letting defenders get in front of them to either knock it down or pick it off. Way to many times have a seen a reciever get a 5 or 10 yard cushion only to have the DB catch up after the ball is thrown and the WR does nothing but keeps on running. Another thing Madden use to have in it that they took out! I was never a BIG fan of 2k football but I think its time for some competition cause Madden keeps going back and forth. Be like The Show, build a great base and expand from there every yr. Stop taking **** that was good in your game and taking it out.

Last edited by assclown25; 10-22-2013 at 08:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2013, 01:46 AM   #2
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: When is Madden going!!!!

I agree. WRs running their routes then just sitting there is annoying. If WRs see his QB scrambling then he should move to get open for him or something. Hopefully it will happen next gen.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:59 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by assclown25
To bring back WR's who actually break off their routes when a QB is flushed out of the pocket or actually go after the ball? I'm tired of watching WR letting defenders get in front of them to either knock it down or pick it off. Way to many times have a seen a reciever get a 5 or 10 yard cushion only to have the DB catch up after the ball is thrown and the WR does nothing but keeps on running. Another thing Madden use to have in it that they took out! I was never a BIG fan of 2k football but I think its time for some competition cause Madden keeps going back and forth. Be like The Show, build a great base and expand from there every yr. Stop taking **** that was good in your game and taking it out.

How much more offense do you want? The DBs don't cover anyone as it is. Also, you know if you are scrambling you can playmaker the closest receiver to anywhere you want him to go, right?

This game needs better coverage and overall better defensive AI. It's always been way to skewed towards the offense and especially the passing game . WRs run perfect routes, all QBs throw nearly every pass perfectly, and DBs get dumb on certain routes. I for one don't want any more offense, the defense needs some serious love from the up front pass rush to both man and zone coverage.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:13 PM   #4
Rookie

Matthew25x's Arena

What was that feature where you could use the analog stick (I think) to try to tell your closest receiver to change direction? Another thing, like the vision cone, that should have just been improved, not removed.

Regardless, that was the closest I can think of and as I can recall I did use that quite a few times when try to scramble. Seems like such a distant memory that I can't even remember which Madden games had this feature. I'd like to say somewhere between 2002-2007?
Old 10-22-2013, 12:18 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew25x
What was that feature where you could use the analog stick (I think) to try to tell your closest receiver to change direction? Another thing, like the vision cone, that should have just been improved, not removed.

Regardless, that was the closest I can think of and as I can recall I did use that quite a few times when try to scramble. Seems like such a distant memory that I can't even remember which Madden games had this feature. I'd like to say somewhere between 2002-2007?
They still have that feature now in M25. Hold LT on Xbox on flick right stick in a direction.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2013, 08:35 PM   #6
Banned

assclown25's Arena

OVR: 7

NFL_Great, I don't know what sliders or what defense you play but I've been using custom sliders and playing diff defenses and held the CPU to under 250yards 8 out of 10 games I've played (using Bengals and Stafford and Rodgers both over 250)
Old 10-22-2013, 09:28 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by assclown25
NFL_Great, I don't know what sliders or what defense you play but I've been using custom sliders and playing diff defenses and held the CPU to under 250yards 8 out of 10 games I've played (using Bengals and Stafford and Rodgers both over 250)
I don't play the CPU, that isn't a challenge. I play in an annual online league. Stopping a human is a Lot harder than stopping the CPU. Trust me we don't need the offense getting any additional love. They get open enough as it is.

Not only that, I told you what you are asking for is already in the game, it's called playmaker. You hold LT and flick the right stick in the direction you want the receiver to run to.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:03 PM   #8
Just started!

Another thing, like the vision cone, that should have just been improved, not removed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »