Home

EA won't listen, BUT just maybe if we.....

This is a discussion on EA won't listen, BUT just maybe if we..... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2013, 09:33 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: EA won't listen, BUT just maybe if we.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
I looked at this thread title several times and told myself don't bother opening it. Out of boredom at work I clicked it..... John Madden is an ex-coach, you don't think he's use to 25% of the people out there bashing him or not liking his moves/decisions/outcomes? The game still sells and he still makes money. According to the ppl who are paid to evaluate and critic the game it's still a pretty solid product. A few hundred or even a few thousand letters isn't going to influence change in this product.

Any developer can make a football game. Why is that Madden haters cannot realize they are the reason that other developers won't make a football game. 2k made APF2K8 and barely anyone supported it. The reception was so lukewarm they haven't even tried it again.
That leads me to 2 assumptions:
1) There aren't as many Madden haters out there as many would like to believe. And the ones that are out there won't put their money where their mouth is.
2) Ppl say gameplay is the most important thing about a football video game but clearly the licensing is the most important aspect of a sports title.
i beleive that the lack of franchise/career mode chased people away from all pro.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:08 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby

I myself, Love FB, But I am 62 years old, My mind say's I can still play, my body say's I can't. ..
62? Seriously?...... If you are I mean no disrespect. But 62?

I was just wondering the other day how long I'd be interested in sports gaming. I thought back to my childhood when my elderly uncle would have friends over all the time for a game of checkers over a bottle of gin. Well I lost interest in checkers in middle school but society sees mature adults playing checkers, go fish, or chess perfectly acceptable. While gaming isn't always viewed the same. I envisioned myself ( in the future) having an elderly friend over for a game of madden. Would this be so different?

As complicated as sports gaming has become its 1000x more mentally stimulating than checkers , but the immature stigma remains. Sorry to derail the thread but you sir are my hero lol

By the way when I first read your age I thought "BS" then I looked at some of your other posts and you told someone you were "funning" them lol so either you are legit or you stay in character. But I hope you and yourbuddies enjoy you ssports games forever. I hope to do the same. ; )
Old 10-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 0

Exactly. The easiest way for us to make a statement is to just not buy Madden for any system.

DirecTV has an exclusive rights to the NFL SundayTicket in there contemplating whether they will keep that exclusive license in the future whether they will share it with other providers simply because the license cost too much and not making enough money become profitable selling the SundayTicket anymore.

It's the same thing with madden if their sales floor so drastically low they won't be profitable and longer and therefore would be willing to either give up the license or share the rights with others because it's too expensive.

Bottom line don't buy madden. No matter what they do the matter what type of gimmicks they talk about it I'll never be 2K football. Don't buy it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2013, 10:22 AM   #52
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
62? Seriously?...... If you are I mean no disrespect. But 62?

I was just wondering the other day how long I'd be interested in sports gaming. I thought back to my childhood when my elderly uncle would have friends over all the time for a game of checkers over a bottle of gin. Well I lost interest in checkers in middle school but society sees mature adults playing checkers, go fish, or chess perfectly acceptable. While gaming isn't always viewed the same. I envisioned myself ( in the future) having an elderly friend over for a game of madden. Would this be so different?

As complicated as sports gaming has become its 1000x more mentally stimulating than checkers , but the immature stigma remains. Sorry to derail the thread but you sir are my hero lol

By the way when I first read your age I thought "BS" then I looked at some of your other posts and you told someone you were "funning" them lol so either you are legit or you stay in character. But I hope you and yourbuddies enjoy you ssports games forever. I hope to do the same. ; )
What should make you really look at anything sideways when it comes to age... it is the fact that someone that is 62 could have been playing Madden since they were 37. Think about that and you will see it in a new light... personally, I look at that and realize that I have been playing Madden since I was 8 years old and to consider the best Madden I ever played to be 2005 just makes me sad.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:24 AM   #53
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillRoy
They actually deliver what we "see" on Sundays. I mean, when it comes to graphics, it is pretty authentic. But yeah, the gameplay itself is rather messed up. However, sim to you might be completely different to me. I am curious to know though... what you consider a sim? What has to be different to make it a realistic game? Some people probably do get realistic outcomes when they play this game. People that don't play the game particularly well would probably say this is the most realistic game ever.
IMO,the most important thing in making this a true sim of the sport would have to be player interaction and animations.
the animations should be determined/triggered by physics, momentum and ability thus creating a more dynamic game experience.

i wouldlike to see the outcome of the game based more on decisions both coaching and playing(with some luck)...more of a chess match by creating mismatches and finding and exploiting defensive or offensive weaknesses(not game flaws).... how about organic AI that adjusts to your opponets gameplan and recognizes that you've been running the unstopable slant and jumps the route, this would be especially helpful to those who play coach mode.
there are many things that EA can do that would sim-up the game without alienating its base.

in its current state madden has one gamemode and thats casual ...unfortunaetly i dont think that will ever change.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:40 PM   #54
Pro

OVR: 2

TeeDog, 62? Yes, But I'm not dead..Yet. !! Checkers.?? Now that's funny, I just played a game of checkers with my wife for the 1st time in 40 years last night. My first Computer was purchased for my wife in 1992 for Christmas. But I bought every Baseball, Fb, and golf game that was available at the time and kind of took it over. Tony LaRussa, Hardball, Sierra BB. Sierra FB, I was the first person ever to post on the Sierra FB forum and kept in contact with Doug Johnson whom was a producer and tec. for Sierra FB.. In the mid 70's, I also had a system made by Mattel. and before that I had almost every board game for BB, FB, golf that was ever existed. My favorites All-star BB, Sports illustrated BB strategy, Sports Illustrated Go for the green, and NFL strategy by Tudor, an amazing FB game that I still have to this day. Ahhhh, the days of imagination were pretty awesome. We started leagues way back then and 3 of the 6 guys still play in our leagues today. Man, you have jarred my memory, Think I'll start a new post as to ( What were your favorite Child hood sports games. ) I grew up in a small town playing BB, and FB with my friends after school, My true love is BB and God granted me the privilege of working with the Cleveland Indians for 9 years.. Well God and one of my best friends, Mark Conrad who was the club house manager for that organization. Today, the only way I can still play the games I love is through video games. That is why I am so passionate about these simple video games or ( just a game ) as some people call them. On the OS baseball forum there is a gentleman that is 71 and plays the Show almost everyday.. I will continue to play these games as long as my health will allow me.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:20 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
TeeDog, 62? Yes, But I'm not dead..Yet. !! Checkers.?? Now that's funny, I just played a game of checkers with my wife for the 1st time in 40 years last night. My first Computer was purchased for my wife in 1992 for Christmas. But I bought every Baseball, Fb, and golf game that was available at the time and kind of took it over. Tony LaRussa, Hardball, Sierra BB. Sierra FB, I was the first person ever to post on the Sierra FB forum and kept in contact with Doug Johnson whom was a producer and tec. for Sierra FB.. In the mid 70's, I also had a system made by Mattel. and before that I had almost every board game for BB, FB, golf that was ever existed. My favorites All-star BB, Sports illustrated BB strategy, Sports Illustrated Go for the green, and NFL strategy by Tudor, an amazing FB game that I still have to this day. Ahhhh, the days of imagination were pretty awesome. We started leagues way back then and 3 of the 6 guys still play in our leagues today. Man, you have jarred my memory, Think I'll start a new post as to ( What were your favorite Child hood sports games. ) I grew up in a small town playing BB, and FB with my friends after school, My true love is BB and God granted me the privilege of working with the Cleveland Indians for 9 years.. Well God and one of my best friends, Mark Conrad who was the club house manager for that organization. Today, the only way I can still play the games I love is through video games. That is why I am so passionate about these simple video games or ( just a game ) as some people call them. On the OS baseball forum there is a gentleman that is 71 and plays the Show almost everyday.. I will continue to play these games as long as my health will allow me.
Awesome story. I myself am no spring chicken, im a 42 year old father of 3 teenagers. growing up we loved sports, we constantly played every form of sandlot sports there were. so that migrated to every form of electronic sports also. starting with the hand held "flashing dot" FB games. Before the era of franchise mode we would create schedules and track records and stats in a note book (im picturing a bunch kids laughing at us now lol).

But I find that not much takes the edge off of my day like a good sports game. TV today is ummm....well......not me. I like to keep up with politics, national, and world news, but that can be both enraging and depressing to take in day in day out. So after Church and spiritual growth sports games are my next favorite escape.

Last edited by TeeDogg; 10-25-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2013, 01:23 AM   #56
Pro

OVR: 2

Well, I received a response from 2K in answer to my question, Will 2K ever make a FB video game again.. It was a pretty stander-ed response..

Wing Yan T., Oct 25 04:00 (PDT):

Hello,

Thank you for contacting 2K Games Support and for your question.

Although at this time there is no information to release on this topic, we appreciate the fact that you are interested in our games and recommend staying tuned to @2KGames on Twitter and http://www.2Kgames.com/blog/ for all announcements related to upcoming games.

Cheers,
Wing Yan T.

Oh well, I tried.. Sorry, Was hoping for something more..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »