Home

EA won't listen, BUT just maybe if we.....

This is a discussion on EA won't listen, BUT just maybe if we..... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2013, 01:53 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
EA won't listen, BUT just maybe if we.....

EA is only about how to get your dollar, We all know that they could care less about a serious FB game especially since they have a Monopoly on the rights to the NFL.. They can do whatever they please,and will... BUT, Here is a thought,There is someone who may care a great deal, Sending letters, complaints, suggestions to EA is a complete and total waste of time in my opinion. That has been proved over the years because the same issues, the same problems over and over have never been addressed. I believe there is someone who is proud and a pretty class act and I honestly don't think he likes his name being smeared since he endorses the product. His name is John Madden himself. I could be totally wrong, But I think a man of his stature would want his name being associated with something he could be proud of, not ashamed of. I realize he sells his name to the company. But from all the articles I have read about him, He is a standup guy.. So I say instead of getting on these boards and ranting to a company that don't respond, I say we all write letters to Mr. Madden himself. It may not do any good but if we tell him how disappointed we are in a product with his name on it, He just may light a fire under someones but. It certainly can't hurt. It's better than these message boards falling on deaf ears. If you want a change, You call or write your law makers, Complaining to you're neighbor wont do you any good.. I think it's worth a try.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2013, 02:49 AM   #2
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: EA won't listen, BUT just maybe if we.....

John Madden gets the money bro. Money is the only thing that talks to people now days. So long as Madden is getting his piece of the pie. He could careless whether his name is a on the game or not. So sending him letters and complaining is as worthless as doing it to EA. Money is the only thing that this king.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:25 AM   #3
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

I hear what the op is saying, but this is all about money and the only way we can make a change is by not buying Madden every year. Simple as that the consumer is the reason why EA has enough money to buy rights to the NFL, so we complain all we want but until we say the hell with buying this game every year things will remain the same or get worse.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:48 AM   #4
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Maybe in the beginning this would have worked. Madden demanded 11 on 11 becuase EA wanted to make it 7 on 7 and wouldn't put his name on it until they did. At this point now I would imagine his interest in demanding things be included in the game has decreased in inverse proportion to the size of the royalty check. I'm fairly certain that he probably doesn't even think about EA sports and this agreement anymore. His publicist more than likely handles how his license is used.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:21 AM   #5
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
I'm fairly certain that he probably doesn't even think about EA sports and this agreement anymore. His publicist more than likely handles how his license is used.
I don't think this part is true. Key members fly out to his mancave every January and they watch film and discuss what key strategies are taking part in the current season.

ie Packers seem to be running the ball more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2013, 11:35 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

I looked at this thread title several times and told myself don't bother opening it. Out of boredom at work I clicked it..... John Madden is an ex-coach, you don't think he's use to 25% of the people out there bashing him or not liking his moves/decisions/outcomes? The game still sells and he still makes money. According to the ppl who are paid to evaluate and critic the game it's still a pretty solid product. A few hundred or even a few thousand letters isn't going to influence change in this product.

Any developer can make a football game. Why is that Madden haters cannot realize they are the reason that other developers won't make a football game. 2k made APF2K8 and barely anyone supported it. The reception was so lukewarm they haven't even tried it again.
That leads me to 2 assumptions:
1) There aren't as many Madden haters out there as many would like to believe. And the ones that are out there won't put their money where their mouth is.
2) Ppl say gameplay is the most important thing about a football video game but clearly the licensing is the most important aspect of a sports title.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:13 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 2

All of you have very good points. I didn't say it was a cure all, Didn't say it would work, Just said it was a different direction. It is obvious nothing we do or say on here has an effect. I do agree the most effective way to make EA listen is to hurt them in the pocketbook. The problem with that is the Arcade style players far out weigh the serious FB crowd and as everyone does agree, MONEY is the bottom line. EA does not build this game because they love FB. My guess is the majority of Madden players care less about franchise, simming, stats or really actual fundamental game play. They just want to be entertained for a few minutes before they loose interest and move on to the next game. One thing I really disagree with is I don't believe we are MADDEN HATERS. A Madden ***** wouldn't be on here posting or wasting time with something he or she didn't care about.. We actually want to LOVE Madden. We want it to be the game we all long for and dream about. The post on this board that bash Madden comes from disappointment, frustration, and anger and the need for a sound fundamental FB game. Our expectations are built on Hype from EA, If it's in the game. We are lead to believe one thing, and given another.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #8
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I get that Cleve, but that's also a marketing slogan from the 90's in all their games, including Triple Play with the Lobster Cola advertisements. lol.

Search for a thread in the front page area in this section and look for a Rex Dickson interview. He said NG they want to make a game for the sim crowd. I know saying is different than doing, but the videos on Friday were good to see, has me wanting to see more as LT said.

I'll link it once I close hit reply.

I lied, it was on page 2.

We still value the casual audience that just wants a fun game, but it is long overdue for this team to also deliver the "what I see on Sundays" game that is demanded by simulation gamers.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...or-rex-dickson

Last edited by roadman; 10-22-2013 at 01:32 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »